Saturday, May 29, 2010

NIPTO, Day 111

Hello!
You might've noticed that there wasn't a 100 Days of Holiness link yesterday because there was no Day 27 devotional. But there's a Day 28 devotional! YAY!
Check it out :)

I feel like I'm posting a TON. But I've had a lot of time on my hands. What can I say? Or write...

So today Hannah and I were browsing YouTube. And she told me that I should watch this video. So I did. And it's great. Carlos Whittaker is a christian singer. He just had a CD come out. Raggamufin Soul is the name of the album, I believe. You can check out his twitter account here. And then watch this video. Or vice versa. It's cool either way!


My computer is still crashing regularly... aka freezing. And then I have to restart it. I can't remember how much I've complained about this in past posts. I just deleted all of my cookies... Maybe that'll help. And believe me, I've prayed over this computer. =P (I'm thinking that after it restarted by itself that I have a virus... YAY! NOT. My dad's looking at it tomorrow. So hopefully we'll get this thing figured out. So for now, I've hijacked my sister's computer once again!)

NIPTO time! :)

Romans 14:13-23
13Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in your brother's way.

Therefore: since we're all going to stand before God and give him an account of ourselves (verse 12) Don't judge other people. Instead we need to make up our minds to not hinder other people. *crash number 1 during blog post* We shouldn't be in our brother or sister's way. We should help them.


14As one who is in the Lord Jesus, I am fully convinced that no food is unclean in itself. But if anyone regards something as unclean, then for him it is unclean.

It's all a matter of opinion. Nothing is "unclean" in and of itself. But if you consider it to be "unclean," then it is for you. 


15If your brother is distressed because of what you eat, you are no longer acting in love. Do not by your eating destroy your brother for whom Christ died.

Basically saying: if someone else is seriously stressed out by what you're eating... and you're kind of eating it just because it annoys them, that's not love. Don't destroy other people just by eating. Got it? Good.


16Do not allow what you consider good to be spoken of as evil.

This is interesting. If you consider something good, defend it. Don't let people talk about it as if it were evil. (Unless it is evil... ya know.


17For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit, 18because anyone who serves Christ in this way is pleasing to God and approved by men.

God's kingdom isn't just about eating and drinking. That doesn't matter. What matters is righteousness. Peace. Joy. When you serve God through righteousness, peace, and joy, it's pleasing to God. It's approved my men. Aka you're good to go.



 19Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification.

Ahhhhh this verse makes me think of the loving sign that the Grace Summit girls had in their condo during HSLT 2006: Edify Stupid! (I was not there, but there's picture proof somewhere ;)
As Christ-followers we need to work towards peace and building each other up. If we're working towards destruction and pulling others down, nothing's going to go smoothly. I can pretty much guarantee that.  


20Do not destroy the work of God for the sake of food. All food is clean, but it is wrong for a man to eat anything that causes someone else to stumble. 21It is better not to eat meat or drink wine or to do anything else that will cause your brother to fall.

Don't destroy what God created for food. It's kinda stupid. All food is okay to eat, but it's not okay to eat it if it's going to cause someone else to stumble. It's just better to stay away from those "trigger" things if you know what they are in other people. Like, you probably wouldn't drink "really good" beer or wine around someone who is a recovering alcoholic. It would just tempt them. Not good. Also, if someone is a vegetarian, don't eat meat around them. It's not really polite. Unless they tell you it's okay. Ya know?


22So whatever you believe about these things keep between yourself and God. Blessed is the man who does not condemn himself by what he approves.

What I get is: Not everyone needs to know your stance on everything. Some things are meant to be kept between you&God. If you're confidant that what you're doing is right, then go for it. You're not condemning yourself by what you approve of.

23But the man who has doubts is condemned if he eats, because his eating is not from faith; and everything that does not come from faith is sin.

If you're doubting what's right&wrong to eat, things aren't going to go well. It say that "everything that does not come from faith is sin." WOhaaaa big statement there. Everything? really? wow. That requires a lot of faith!

(You might've noticed that "clean" and "unclean" food isn't so much an issue today. This can be applied to many different things. But food is just the thing that the Bible uses, so I'm going with it.)

Tonight's another "blog-so-late-that-it's-already-tomorrow" posts. Hurrah weekends. I get to sleep in tomorrow morning before church though, so that's nice. :)

Goodnight blog readers. Or good morning. Or whatever time of day it is when you read this!

No comments: