Wednesday, May 26, 2010

NIPTO, Day 108

Good morning (or afternoon/evening to my German reader)
I'm tired and a little sad this morning.
I need to get more sleep. But staying up late last night was my own fault. Well, actually it was Nicholas Sparks's fault because he writes such stinkin' good books! But I could've put it down. But I just wanted to finish it! (Dear John, if you were wondering what book it was.) I ended up putting it down with about 30 pages left because I had already read about 50 pages more than I had told myself I would. And it was late. And I was starting to blink  r e a l l y   s l o w l y,  if you know what I mean.

Hannah and I are babysitting for Z&D today because the girls have a Dr's appointment. I like playing with those little boys! They're cute. And soo funny. I'll have to try to remember anything funny that Z says because he sometimes says the cutest/funniest/most outrageous things.

We (Mom, Hannah, and I) went to Berean yesterday to get Bibles for me&Hannah. They didn't have what either of us were looking for. But a very nice lady found the NIV/NASB parallel bible that I was looking for at another store and is having it shipped to their store for me :)
I really want an NIV/NASB side-by-side because I like the "word for word" of the NASB, but I also really like the "thought for thought" of the NIV. And I like comparing key words that they use. And it's just a lot easier to do with a parallel bible! If you're looking for a parallel bible online, this was a really good one that I found :)


100 Days of Holiness. Day 24. Good thoughts... good thoughts. Good encouragement too!


NIPTO. νίπτω. Washed. 
I stopped for a second after I wrote those words. (Or copied&pasted the Greek.) And I stopped and I thought for a second. Why am I doing this? Really. Why? 
I decided to go back to the EncounterBlog and see what the description of NIPTO was. And it totally encouraged&challenged me to be more crazy about this than I already am! If you want to see it, click here. Now I'm all excited to look at Romans. 




Romans 13:11-14
 11And do this, understanding the present time. The hour has come for you to wake up from your slumber, because our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed.

Do this [love your neighbor as yourself] because of what's happening right now. The present time. It's time to wake up. There's no more time for us to sleep in our faith. Our salvation is coming nearer every second (which sound soooo cliche and corny!)


12The night is nearly over; the day is almost here. So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light.

I love this picture of the night being almost over and the day being almost here. It makes me think of Relay For Life. I stay up all night at Relay because what else is there to do?! But it's always the coldest right before the sun rises. But the sky is getting lighter, and you know it's coming, and it's SO exciting because you'll see the sun soon. And when this figurative picture happens, we'll see the son. Boo yah for bad plays on words. 
I also like the "armor of light." It's so... warrior-y. Like. Barbarian Warrior Princess warrior-y. :D
But in order to put on the armor of light, we have to get rid of those "deeds of darkness" so that we can be a total light.  


13Let us behave decently, as in the daytime, not in orgies and drunkenness, not in sexual immorality and debauchery, not in dissension and jealousy.

Just... don't do those things. I mean, it's daytime here... sunlight. No one wants to see anyone like that. 'Kay? Kay. I'm glad that's settled.
 

14Rather, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the sinful nature.

Put Jesus on. And keep him on. He doesn't go in the dirty clothes pile. He's always clean. And always available for wear. 
Do not think about how to gratify the desires of the sinful nature. Don't even think about it. How adamant. Think about God instead. Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things. (Philippians 4:8)




All good reminders for me. 

I was clicking around this morning, and I accidentally clicked on one of my bookmarks in my toolbar. It is a fantastic video. I mean, it's obviously fantastic because, well, I have it bookmarked! I don't know if I've shared this before, but oh well. It's good and definitely worth watching twice! (It's gotten over 13.6 million views on YouTube!)



Now, I think it's time for some breakfast and then some chemistry&algebra. YAY. heh. I hope you have a wonderful Wednesday!

No comments: