Monday, May 31, 2010

NIPTO, Day 113

Gooood evening/morning.

I've had hiccups 3 times today. *sigh*  Having hiccups is tiring. And hurts sometimes. Maybe my diaphragm should stop spazzing. That would really be great.

We went to the Memorial Day Parade today. It ended at our section right before it started to storm. It was crazy. I'm guessing that a lot of people in the parade got wet. I feel bad for the Green Valley bunch. They got rained on for sure. Crazy.

On the way home, while it's pouring rain, Mom realized that the windows were open. AHHH. We started freaking out a little bit. We were stuck in traffic. We got home, and ran upstairs where the windows were open... and everything was dry. As Mom put it, it was a Memorial Day Miracle!

We came home and ate lunch and recorded a video for Kate. We cleaned up from lunch and then went downstairs and started The View From Saturday by E. L. Konigsburg. It's probably on my favorite books list. I think I might read it "by myself" because I can't wait to see how it turns out! Because I love it =P

The girls left. Hannah vaccuumed ants up. She's a beast. I watched this awesome video over and over. We watched it at Encounter last night. It's SWEET. You should definitely watch it!

Cute. Sad. But it's only love.

Then Mom&Dad came home. Mom pointed out the fact that my free Starbucks drink coupon from my birthday expires today. So we went to Target. But they don't accept that coupon. So we went to the Starbucks down the road. And I got THIS. 

Venti

Nonfat Java Chip Frappuccino

With whip.
Uhm. YUM. Free, by the way. No way I would've gotten a venti if it hadn't been free. I'm not paying like, $4.50 for coffee. Sorry. But once a year when it's free, SURE.
So I split it with my fam. It was DELISH.

While we were finishing that up, we watched The Princess and the Frog. It was good. The voodoo stuff was weird and creepy and could potentially give kids (/me) nightmares. (Not really me, but ya know =P)

Then Dad asked if I wanted to return those to the RedBox. If you want to read more about that adventure, you can go here.

We got home. Ate dinner. Went out again to put the neighbors trash out. Came home. Blogged about driving. Watched something on PBS about Europe. Really wanted to go to Europe... missed the mountains of Colorado. (Or anywhere that isn't Ohio...)
Had my computer NOT FREEZE! I think we've figured out what the problem is. It's a hardware problem that requires my computer to be taken completely apart. Good thing I have a dad who knows what he's doing. Most of the time =P But the power supply needs to be sodered (sp?) to the motherboard. YAY. Heh. But if I charge my computer, unplug it, then don't move it, it works! YAY! So yeah. That's exciting.

Now I'm nipto-ing. Or being distracted by MckMama's blog. She just put up some pictures from a wedding she shot this weekend. Gorgeous. Can't wait for more from her :) She takes amazing pictures!

Okie-dokie!
Romans 15:1-6
 1We who are strong ought to bear with the failings of the weak and not to please ourselves.

Interesting. We bear with the failings of others. And we don't do that to please ourselves. Kinda like "oh. That person's going through a hard time/can't do something very well. YAY me! I can do that!" That's not what we're supposed to do. Instead...


2Each of us should please his neighbor for his good, to build him up.

We need to build each other up. Tearing people down does nothing good in the long run. It might feel good to rip someone apart at the time, but later, you'll probably not feel so good about that. 


3For even Christ did not please himself but, as it is written: "The insults of those who insult you have fallen on me."

Jesus didn't please himself. He took the insults of people who insult US. Wow. 


4For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.

History is here to teach us... so that we don't make the same mistakes. So that we can build up endurance. So that we can be encouraged. So that we can have hope.



 5May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus, 6so that with one heart and mouth you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

The same God that gives endurance and encouragement gives unity. As a whole, the church is so divided these days. All different denominations with different beliefs. Serving the same God, but not in unity. It says that God will give a spirit of unity so that we can praise&glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ with one heart and one mouth. 
Join together with other Christians that you know. You might not all have the exact same views, but you can still worship God with one heart and one mouth. 
Kind of incredible, no?




Weeel. It's late. I should sleep now. We have rehearsal for our dance show tomorrow. I ♥ rehearsals. A lot. It's so much fun to see everybody's dances. I will put up videos of our dances after the show on Sunday. But for now, sleep. (sleep, sleeeeeep that's the only thing for me/Cause when I sleep, sleeeep/God's preparing one for me) Barlow Girl shout out! =P
Goodnight. (And White Rabbit, Katie... and/or Caleb. ;) ... and/or anyone else who plays who sees this! (I lose)) (That was written after midnight (even though my post time is 11:30), just so you know. In case you would doubt me. :P)
Much love,

No comments: