Tuesday, June 1, 2010

NIPTO, Day 114

White Rabbit.

 ()()
 oo
 (   )*

Hah. That's horrible.
Today is the day that Alice In Wonderland comes out! But that's not the reason for the rabbit. If you're unfamiliar with "white rabbit" it's a game that my family and a few other families at church play. On the first of the month, you try to 'get' people by saying "white rabbit" to them first. Once you've gotten them, they can't get you back. It's something we've been doing for a longgg time. Now you are informed. :)

Rehearsal is today. I'm soooo excited. I love rehearsals. I said this in my last post. But it's just so much fun!! Big stage. Big lights. Loud music. It's exciting!

Wow. My father is ridiculous. He's walking around the house with two pairs of sunglasses on. Why? No one knows.

The ants have begun to invade our house. Mostly our food pantry. Ew. Hannah and Dad have been vacuuming them up for the past 2 days. They should really all go away.

Wow. I'm such an ADD blogger. I go from one thing to the next... look something up for the blog but then get sidetracked. Then come back to the blog and realize that I should be done blogging by now. But I'm not.

Back to Alice in Wonderland. Because it's coming out today, here is Alice's Theme. It's one of my personal favorites :)



Wow, Abby. Congratulations. Now you're racing against your computer's battery life to finish this post. Heh.
Or not. I decided to wait to finish this. So it is now afternoon. I just finished lunch. I'm watching The Court Jester. Fantastic movie! A comedy of errors, if you will.


Now. NIPTO.

Romans 15:7-13
7Accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you, in order to bring praise to God.

By accepting one another, we bring praise to God. It's really quite simple, don't you think?


8For I tell you that Christ has become a servant of the Jews on behalf of God's truth, to confirm the promises made to the patriarchs 9so that the Gentiles may glorify God for his mercy, as it is written:
   "Therefore I will praise you among the Gentiles;
      I will sing hymns to your name."

Jesus became our servant so that he could confirm the promises that were made. So that we, as Gentiles, could glorify God because of his mercy.


10Again, it says,
   "Rejoice, O Gentiles, with his people."

We're called to rejoice with God's people. And what a rejoicing that is! 


11And again,
   "Praise the Lord, all you Gentiles,
      and sing praises to him, all you peoples." 12And again, Isaiah says,
   "The Root of Jesse will spring up,
      one who will arise to rule over the nations;
   the Gentiles will hope in him."

We are to sing praises to God. 
Isaiah, waaaaaaaay before the time of Christ, wrote that "The Root of Jesse" would spring up. A lot of people may have interpreted this as David, but really, Isaiah was talking about Jesus. They would've thought it was David because he was a "real" King. He ruled the nations. People didn't expect Jesus to be the messiah. They were expecting someone like David! God uses the "unexpected" people for his work.


 13May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

God is a God of hope. As we put our trust in him, he will fill us with joy and peace so that we can overflow (and therefore share?) with hope. 


I'm encouraged. After reading that last verse. And challenged. Challenged to trust God.
And now it's time to go get ready for rehearsal! YAY!


P.S. Today is Day 31 of 100 Days of Holiness :)

No comments: