Friday, June 4, 2010

NIPTO, Day 117

Hello my minions readers!
Today has been a fabulously lazy day. So far. Maybe I'll clean my room. We'll see.

I went on a walk this morning. It was kind of muggy. But still nice.
Today is the lassst day of school for the school district here. So people are excited about that. As in a school bus just drove by and there was excessive yelling and honking =P

Caleb's graduation party is tonight... should be fun! Maybe I'll get to drive a little bit tonight too. Not to the party though. That would involve highways. I'm not fond of regular streets yet, let alone highways.

I went to Panera to check in about my application. The manager that I wanted to talk to had already left. Booooo. I'll check back on Sunday when he's working again. Yippe. I applied at Target sometime last week. I got an e-mail saying that there weren't any openings. I might just apply again. Just to be sure.

WE JUST GOT A POSTCARD FROM KATIE! Awesome. All the way from Germany. =D

I guess I'm going to do NIPTO now. And then I think I'll start cleaning my room. EEK.

Romans 16:1-16
 1I commend to you our sister Phoebe, a servant of the church in Cenchrea. 2I ask you to receive her in the Lord in a way worthy of the saints and to give her any help she may need from you, for she has been a great help to many people, including me.

Basically: This girl is AWESOME. So help her if she needs it. Because she totally deserves it. She helped me out a lot.


3Greet Priscilla and Aquila, my fellow workers in Christ Jesus. 4They risked their lives for me. Not only I but all the churches of the Gentiles are grateful to them. 5Greet also the church that meets at their house. Greet my dear friend Epenetus, who was the first convert to Christ in the province of Asia.

Priscilla and Aquila apparently risked their lives for Paul. Paul and all of the Gentile churches were extremely grateful to them. Apparently these two people also had a church that met at their house. 
I think it's cool that Paul took the time to greet so many people by name. Not just in a generalized group. Some of them were in generalized groups, but they weren't big groups. I'm guessing. 


6Greet Mary, who worked very hard for you. 7Greet Andronicus and Junias, my relatives who have been in prison with me. They are outstanding among the apostles, and they were in Christ before I was.

He greets people who have worked hard for the church. He greets people who have been in prison with him. People who were Christians before he was!


8Greet Ampliatus, whom I love in the Lord. 9Greet Urbanus, our fellow worker in Christ, and my dear friend Stachys.

People he loves. People who are fellow workers. Friends. All by name. It's so cool!


10Greet Apelles, tested and approved in Christ. Greet those who belong to the household of Aristobulus. 11Greet Herodion, my relative. Greet those in the household of Narcissus who are in the Lord. 12Greet Tryphena and Tryphosa, those women who work hard in the Lord. Greet my dear friend Persis, another woman who has worked very hard in the Lord.

Apelles was a person who was tested. Which generally means hard times. But he was approved in Christ. Which is sweet. 
Relatives, households, hard working women, another hard working woman. You don't really hear much about Christian women in the New Testament. They're there, but they don't get talked about much. I just wonder who these women were and what they did and how they acted. They had to be amazing people.  


13Greet Rufus, chosen in the Lord, and his mother, who has been a mother to me, too. 14Greet Asyncritus, Phlegon, Hermes, Patrobas, Hermas and the brothers with them. 15Greet Philologus, Julia, Nereus and his sister, and Olympas and all the saints with them.

Rufus and his mom must be pretty amazing people. His mother was a motherly figure to Paul which is sweet. 
Again, more people by name! These people don't really have anything associated with them besides "the brothers with them" which would just be another church maybe? 
And then more people.  


16Greet one another with a holy kiss. All the churches of Christ send greetings. 

Or, ya know, a bro hug is fine too. ;)


Our Secret Screen came yesterday. I don't remember if I talked about this at all. So I'll take a picture and let you see how it works :)


This is what it looks likes from the garage
There's this bar at the bottom that you lift up...
you lift it down&out
And it rolls up into...
its secret place at the top of the door frame
Then you just pull it back down and make sure it latches!
Voila! We have a screen for our garage door!!

I promised Katie that I would upload some pictures of our ROSES that actually BLOOMED this year. They didn't bloom at alllll last year! So there are a TON this year.

There are lots of them! (These were taken a couple weeks ago)

And they're pretty!

I like these ones :)

It seems like there are more of them! (These were taken this morning after my walk :)

SPIDER. Had to post. It was cool!

Aren't there about 50 bajillion of them?!? (see that circle thing in the upper right hand corner? There are birds living in that!)



I had this song stuck in my head after listening to it ONCE. So listen at your own risk. It's like the theme song for the World Cup. Which starts in 6 days.



Alrighty! I've gotta go. Caleb's graduation party, you know :) Hope you enjoyed the pictures and video!
Adios!

1 comment:

Kaite said...

likes this WHOOOOOOLE post. :-D the roses are beautiful. :)