Wednesday, June 9, 2010

NIPTO, Day 122

AHRGGGGG.
no. I'm not a pirate. I'm FRUSTRATED!
WordPress (another blogging site) is being extremely frustrating. I want to log on so I can work on some posts for liveGrounded. Buuuut it's not letting me log in... and my password-reset emails aren't going through. Uhg. I'm done with that for the night!
Today was mostly uneventful. I cleaned a bit this morning... watched most of Harry Potter 3 this afternoon with Hannah... went to my piano lesson, came home, ate dinner/watched the next to last episode of Chuck, facebooked, watched So You Think You Can Dance... and now, 2ish hours later, I'm blogging... not knowing how it got to be 2ish hours later!
Something exciting on SYTYCD is that a guy from Wapakoneta (aka kinda hick-town-almost-everyone-is-a-farmer) Ohio made the TOP 6 GUYS! So that's really exciting!! And Nigel got lost in Ohio. From Columbus to Wapakoneta, it took him 4 hours... that's normally a... 1 1/2-2 hour drive? Yeahh...
My grandparents live about 15 minutes away from Wapakoneta... also affectionately known as Wapak (pronounced Wa-puck. It's great. Don't you love Ohio accents??) Nigel couldn't pronounce Wapakoneta to save his life! (wa-pu-kon-etta... that's pretty much how you pronounce it. Katie could probably give you a much better phonetic version. She is taking phonetics right now :)
Yeah. So I was/am excited about that :)

NIPTO, Dear NIPTO
It's late and I am tired
Shall we "git 'er dun"?



Ephesians 1:15-23
15For this reason, ever since I heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints, 16I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers.

Red flag/Question: Do we give thanks for other people who are faithful? Do we do it enough? Do we do it at all?? 
Get this: He has "not stopped giving thanks for [them]" Uhm... WOW. We take other Christians for granted. We take people who are faithful for granted. We should be thankful for them. We should thank God for them. We should pray for them. We need to be a community who gives thanks for each other!


17I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better.

This should be our prayer for others. That God would give them the Spirit of wisdom and revelation. Not for any old reason though. So that "you may know him better." BETTER. Not get to know him... know him BETTER. They're already acquainted with this person of God. But to get to know him better, we must have the Spirit inside of us.


18I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, 19and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is like the working of his mighty strength, 20which he exerted in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, 21far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every title that can be given, not only in the present age but also in the one to come.

I don't know about you, but I need to learn how to pray more like THIS! 
We have this hope that God has called us to. But we might not see it if our eyes are closed! Our inheritance is enormous. And God's power is great. And we can tap into that power. The power that GOD exerted when he raised JESUS from the dead. The power that placed Jesus as God's right-hand man. 
This power is above rules set by other authorities. It is above other powers and other dominions. It is above titles that can be given to it. Not just now, but in the seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, and YEARS to come!

22And God placed all things under his feet and appointed him to be head over everything for the church, 23which is his body, the fullness of him who fills everything in every way.

Everything is under Jesus' feet. And Jesus is the head over everything for the church. The church is his body. It fills him. It fills he who fills everything in every way. It's so crazy and exciting! 
I'm discovering that our God is a crazy and exciting God. He's not dead. He's alive. He has a sense of humor... sometimes we don't find it funny though! He loves us. And there's nothing we can do about it! Which seems funny. But it's true.

Okay. I've got another kind of sacriligious thing... Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows clip! Trailer really. But it's sweet. I'm excited for these 2 movies!

Awesome, no? Yes? YES!

I thought I would also include this. I love this song :) Enjoy! 


Adios amigos!




P.S. Did you spot the poetry in my post? ;)

No comments: