Monday, June 21, 2010

NIPTO, Day 134

Hello! All of the videos from yesterday are uploaded to YouTube! You can go here to view all 13 of them! =P

Today I went to the bank, library, and grocery store with Mom. I got signed up for the summer reading program at the library.... and they put bubbles in the teen bags! YES!
At the grocery store, Mom and I got Alice in Wonderland at the RedBox. I love the RedBox! =D

When we got home we ate lunch and whatnot... I read a book that I got at the library... Hannah and I washed the Honda... and then I took a shower and cleaned my room up a bit... then I read some more.
We ate a fantastic dinner of veggie burgers and waffle fries (with malt vinegar!) and grapes. SOOOO good and SO filling! Except for the fact that I'm getting hungry again... I want something like... a brownie&ice cream! haha

Now we're watching Alice in Wonderland. It's such a good movie. ... beware the JubJub bird and shun the fumorous bandersnatch! (There are a bunch of AWESOME quotes here :D)
Lewis Carroll was a GENIUS. Or he was mad. Like the hatter. ;)
Helena Bonham Carter is a fantastic actress. (I do like a nice warm pig belly for my aching feet.)

After this movie is over, I'm going to be reading over, and commenting on as I always do, Ephesians 5:1-7

Ephesians 5:1-7
1Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children 2and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.

We are to imitate God in everything we do. And we're to live a life of LOVE! AH! This corresponds so much to what I've been reading in The Irresistible Revolution. Love everyone. It's simple. But it's SO HARD. I can't find the quote that I want in that book... but how I remember it was something like this: "When you love your enemies they don't know what to do... and that's how true peace will come about."
It was something like that. Now I really want to find that quote! But it'll have to wait till later.


3But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God's holy people.

This is intensity. Like. Really. It's impossible... without God. But with God all things are possible. And we are God's holy people. If we are his people, he'll help us, won't he?


4Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving.

What? No obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking? That takes all the fun out of everything... except for the fact that they're out of place and uncalled for. What should we replace those things with? Thanksgiving. How long do we go without thanking God for the world he made? That he made us? Too long. It doesn't matter how often it is, it's too long. Our thanksgiving should be continual.


5For of this you can be sure: No immoral, impure or greedy person—such a man is an idolater—has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.

Immoral, impure, or greedy? Don't expect any kind of inheritance from Daddy.


6Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of such things God's wrath comes on those who are disobedient. 7Therefore do not be partners with them.

He's basically saying that people will try to deceive you. They'll try to make you think that being immoral, impure, and greedy are the "cool, in" things to do. But "because of such things God's wrath comes on those who are disobedient." Soooo don't "partner with" those people. Hang out with them. Or talk to them? I mean, we should still love those people. We should be kind to them. But we shouldn't be "partners" with them.


Wow. The longest day of the year went by so quickly! It only gets shorter from here on out... until December =P

But I guess it's time to sleep now. Urban Vision in the morning! I'm excited for ballet! And piano too! I like my schedule and hope it hasn't changed...
Goodnight/morning/afternoon dear readers. I'm going to sleep now!

No comments: