Friday, June 18, 2010

NIPTO, Day 131

Hello all!
I'm sitting here watching Toy Story 2. We (Mom, Dad, and myself) just finished Toy Story.
I love Disney-Pixar movies. They're so clever. The young kids love them for the simple fact that they're Disney movies. But they stick in the humor that's funny pretty much only to adults. Genius.

Mom and I went to Ang's house today... Mom&Alycia&Angie talked and I kept an eye on the boys. All 4 of them! 4,3,2,1... not blast off... just crazy boys... of the ages 4, 3, 2, and 1. And 1 month old twin girls. But they slept the entire time. Not too much trouble ;)

I read some of the Irresistible Revolution this afternoon. And finished my "VBS-Day 4" post... and ate dinner. And watched some videos on YouTube. Then we watched Toy Story. And now we're watching Toy Story 2. And Toy Story 3 came out today. Awesome.

The Voyage of the Dawn Treader trailer came out yesterday I think? I don't know. But I've seen a little bit of buzz about it on facebook. So I thought I'd post it. Cuz I'm cool like that. Or something...



NIPTO time! :D

Ephesians 4:17-24
17So I tell you this, and insist on it in the Lord, that you must no longer live as the Gentiles do, in the futility of their thinking.

There's a point to the letter he's writing. He's giving them a new way of life. An irresistible revolution.


18They are darkened in their understanding and separated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them due to the hardening of their hearts. 19Having lost all sensitivity, they have given themselves over to sensuality so as to indulge in every kind of impurity, with a continual lust for more.

Paul's telling them that they don't want to be like these people! They're separated from God. They're ignorant. They're not sensitive. They do whatever they want. And they want more.

20You, however, did not come to know Christ that way. 21Surely you heard of him and were taught in him in accordance with the truth that is in Jesus. 22You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; 23to be made new in the attitude of your minds; 24and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.

He's telling them that that was not how they learned about Jesus. They heard about him and were taught about him in truth. They were taught that they had to get rid of the stuff that they were doing. To get rid of the desires that were controlling their lives. They were to be made new in their attitudes. To put on a new self. To put on a permanant Jesus suit of sorts. To be like God in his true righteousness and holiness. Fantastic.


That seemed short. But it's all I have time for right now. I'm going to go to sleep! 2 parties tomorrow... and SKYPING WITH KATIE! Those are the things on my calander... Maybe driving too! Could be a crazy day :)

[You've got a friend in me]

No comments: