Wednesday, June 16, 2010

NIPTO, Day 129

Hey all!

How are you doing?
I'm doing quite well. Somewhat tired. I woke up much earlier than anticipated this morning... so I went for a walk. It was misting. It was nice. It wasn't enough rain to get you wet, but it was enough that it cooled you down!

Okay. So it rained a little bit while I was walking. Then it was all bright and sunshiney, then it got all dark and cloudy like it was going to rain. Now it's all sunshiney again! [And lately the weather has been so bipolar and consequently so have I!]-Relient K High of 75

I'm listening to Oliver the Penguin right now. It's a band. They sound kind of like The Postal Service. I'm liking The Drop! Good music... Thanks ReleventMagazine!

You can read about VBS last night here. :) It was fun! There was fire involved. There's a video, And pictures too! Does that make it a multi-media post? (I think so =P)

(I feel like that was a very linky section. My apologies if you have been overwhelmed with links.)

Well. I guess I'll do NIPTO since I've kind of run out of things to talk about already since I posted about VBS last night... Well. If you want to see the pictures I've put up on facebook, you can go here!

I just read a somewhat shocking statistic: 600k iPhone 4g orders = 2.5 million Africans with clean water for life.
WOW. That puts things in perspective. This was posted on Twitter by Anne Jackson who is currently biking accross America for the Blood:Water Mission. You can go to that website to find out more about what they're doing. It's cool.

Alright! NIPTO:
Ephesians 3:14-21
14For this reason I kneel before the Father, 15from whom his whole family in heaven and on earth derives its name.

His suffering/the church's glory is the reason he kneels before the Father. God... His whole family's name is derived from Him.


16I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

This is a fantastic 4 verses. It's a prayer for the Ephesians. A prayer for strength. A prayer for faith. A prayer for power. A prayer for knowledged. A prayer for fulfilled-ness... if that's even a word.
I love in verse 17 the part that says "being rooted and established in love." It's so fantastic. And it gives a mental image. A tree/plant that his its roots deep in the ground. In the same way that an old tree has its roots planted (no pun intended) in the ground, we should be firmly established in love.
I'm reading the Irresistible Revolution by Shane Claiborne. There is so much about LOVE in that book. It's fantastic. You should read it. No, I'm not being paid to promote this book. I just like it. :)


20Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

God is able to do so much more than all that we ask or can even imagine. And he can accomplish these things through us through his power that "is at work within us."
But we can't take any credit. To him be the glory in the church, through all generations, forever. And ever. A-MEN.


MY BIBLE JUST CAME!!!!!!!  SWEEEET. I'm excited to use it. It's an NASB/NIV parallel. I'll probably take pictures of it sometime. But I have to go! VBS pictures will be up on facebook tonight after VBS :)
Adios!

No comments: