Friday, June 11, 2010

NIPTO, Day 124

Hello!
The garage sale is over for the day. I've gotten my "piano for fun" fix. I'm getting my Wicked fix. That music is CATCHY!
Hannah and I like to sing What Is This Feeling? together. It's fun. Because we get to act like we're mad at each other... and then one of us will mess up and we'll laugh. Or we'll make it through. At the end, Elphaba yells BOO! and Galinda screams. And I get to "be" Elphaba and make Hannah scream. Annnd then I laugh. Maniacally.

Wanna listen to our favorite song? Okay!




My mom and sister and I just watched 2ish episodes of What Not To Wear. And the ish was the beginning of a third episode. And episode that our COUSIN is in! It's pretty cool. She's in the background of some of the shots when they were doing the "ambush" :)
She's part of the Dalton (GA) Ballet and they combined with the Atlanta Ballet to do this dance class that was a setup for the show. It's sweet!

Ruthie just posted a blog post about what they were doing a year ago. You can read it here.
A year ago I didn't know that I was going to go to Colorado with Ruthie&Family. A year ago tomorrow, I got a call asking if I wanted to go to Colorado to help watch their children. A year ago on June 15th, we left for Colorado. CRAZY. I need to find my pictures from Colorado and do a "Ode to Colorado" post. Because I fell in love while I was there. With the state. Or the mountains. I'm not sure which ;) I should go find the page in my "journal" from that day. The day we got the call. The day I wondered "Should I stay or should I go?" Yup. There was a lot of prayer involved that day! And I went! And it was fabulous!

A year ago I wasn't looking for a job. I wasn't even contemplating driving. And now I'm looking for a job and am learning how to drive. It's kinda crazy!
A year ago, I had no clue what NIPTO even was. Now I'm "addicted" =P
So much changes in a year...


Alrighty. It's time to get to NIPTO. It's late. AGAIN. I don't like summer. I don't like not having a "set" schedule. I think I'll like it when Urban Vision starts again. And when there's STUFF that I can do that's on a set schedule!
 
Ephesians 2:11-18
11Therefore, remember that formerly you who are Gentiles by birth and called "uncircumcised" by those who call themselves "the circumcision" (that done in the body by the hands of men)— 12remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world.
 
I think he's telling us to remember where we came from. To remember that we were all separated from God at oine point. We were hopeless and helpless.
 
13But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ.
 
We were far away. But now we're brought near to God through Jesus' blood.  Pretty cool. Kind of eye-opening. Someone died so that we could come near to a perfect God. Even with all of our imperfections. Crazy.




14For he himself is our peace, who has made the two one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility, 15by abolishing in his flesh the law with its commandments and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new man out of the two, thus making peace, 16and in this one body to reconcile both of them to God through the cross, by which he put to death their hostility.

Jesus is our peace. He brought everyone together. In the church way back when, there was a lot of division between the Jews and Gentiles. But Jesus "has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility" which is kind of insane. Jesus got rid of the law when he died. And that broke down that wall between people. Jesus also reconciled, or made things right with, both of the groups of people. When he died, their hostility died as well.


17He came and preached peace to you who were far away and peace to those who were near. 18For through him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit.

I think that the fact that he preached to those who were far away and those who were near is significant. He taught the same thing to both people groups. He made no discrimination. That's how we should live. No discrimination.
He didn't make discriminationb ecause through him we "both," both groups, have access to God through the Holy Spirit.
KaBAM.
 
There's NIPTO for the night!
I'm going to go to sleep now.
We have the garage sale again tomorrow.
I think we might be going to a graduation party?
I kind of want to go see Alice In Wonderland again at the dollar theatre... or The Last Song. Ya know =P That was good book. Which means it can't be a very good movie. But I'll give it a shot. hah.
Okay. G'night bloggies. (Ew. That was horrible. You guys need a nickname. One that's better than "bloggies"... any ideas? Either that or you can veto the idea of having a nickname at all! haha)
Hope you had a good Friday!

No comments: