Tuesday, May 25, 2010

NIPTO, Day 107

Good morning lovely blog-readers!

It's been a good, productive morning for me! I got up and went for a walk around the neighborhood with worship music in hand/ear. Grad party pictures are uploading to facebook as I type...(or not... I'll try to get them up later today! I just need to steal Hannah's laptop for about 15 minutes at some point today!) And I'm eating breakfast! So it's been a good morning for me :)

The Chuck Season 3 finale was last night. It was faaaantabulous. Dad walked in from golfing to many squeals. "Every Monday night..." That's what Chuck does to a person. (Katie, if you have any spare time, you should really watch those last few episodes!) They wrapped a lot of stuff up, but opened a whole new can of worms that will probably blow my socks off! haha

This morning while I was walking, I kind of set a goal for myself. I'm pretty sure that it's plausible. I want to run a 5K this fall. I think. I would have all summer to "train." And it would be a good motivation to get up in the morning and exercise!
I think if I walked every morning, and eventually started jogging, then actually running, I could work up the stamina/speed. I think my goal would be a race in the fall.
Okay. Now I've looked, and the only "good" race (really close to home/5k) I can find is in a month. I'm not sure if I can get up to running 3 miles in a month... Hm.
There is another one that could be promising... it's pretty close by and it's in the beginning of October. I could do it by October.

Now I'm excited. I want to do this. Running (jogging is probably more appropriate) was something I did a lot of a couple years ago, but I kind of fell out of the habit of doing it. I want to get back into it this summer. I think getting up earlier and getting my day started this school year will make it a lot easier to get up and go for a jog this summer. Not to mention the sun rises at like, 6... so it's not even dark outside! :)

Day 23 of 100 Days of Holiness.  I think it's telling me that deciding to run isn't a bad idea. The verse at the end? Isaiah 40:31 "...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

Either that or I'm just looking for affirmation that running isn't a bad idea! hah.

N'O time!

Romans 13:8-10 (3 verses. Ambitious, I know.)
8Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for he who loves his fellowman has fulfilled the law.

This is so interesting. He's basically saying: Don't have debt. Except when you love one another. Because when you love other people, it fulfills the law.

  
9The commandments, "Do not commit adultery," "Do not murder," "Do not steal," "Do not covet," and whatever other commandment there may be, are summed up in this one rule: "Love your neighbor as yourself."

There's not much to say about this verse. All of the commandments are summed up in the last one: Love your neighbor as yourself. Simple.

10Love does no harm to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

Love does not harm. It fulfills the law. Love is healing. 


It's a good song. I like it :)

Well. I'm going to start an application for Target... maybe they'll hire me...

Have a good day! 
 

No comments: