Thursday, May 27, 2010

NIPTO, Day 109

I swear, if my computer freezes ONE MORE TIME today, I'm going to punch something. (Like a pillow... or the wall. My dad told me to go with the pillow)
It seems like it's doing better... but I don't want to restart my computer for the 7th time today. I'm not really exaggerating. It's ridiculous. And definitely not funny. I feel very electronically challenged this morning! Good thing I still have physical bible =P

I talked to Katie for a while this morning which was nice :) It sounds like she's doing really well and is having a fannntastic time! She put some pictures on facebook. And some videos on YouTube (ktyack633 I think). Her Berlin pictures are awesome! So if you're friends with her, check them out :) There are links to her videos here at her blog. You can also read what she thought about her trips to Berlin and Potsdam :)

Babysitting went really well yesterday. I got some cute pictures of the boys. I'll put them up somewhere sometime... ;)

Dance was good too. It was really hot in the studio... There isn't air conditioning. Which isn't all bad. But it was hot. Especially by the end of the night! I feel prepared. The rehearsal is on Tuesday. The dance show is next Sunday. This year has gone by really fast. I feel like we haven't been doing dance for that long...
Next year is going to be weird without the seniors. I don't think we had any seniors in our class last year... so it didn't change the makeup of the class a whole lot this year. We got 2 freshman. But that's it. But now there are 4 seniors leaving! It's going to be a sad show. But happy at the same time. I think that I think about the future a little bit too much. That I don't live in the present enough...
I guess I'll head to the present now!

Today is Day 26 of 100 Days of Holiness. And now I have Jordin Sparks' "One Step at a Time" stuck in my head b/c it's the title of the devotional for today! haha

Now NIPTO!

Romans 14:1-8
 1Accept him whose faith is weak, without passing judgment on disputable matters.

This section is labeled "The weak and the strong" in my bible (and online). That may be the "main" theme, but another strong recurring theme is passing judgment on other people. We should accept everyone wherever they are. And we shouldn't judge the little uncertain things.
 

2One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables.

It's like "the meat eater vs the vegetarian" 
That's all I wanted to say here. =P (Okay. Not really. But I'm going to say this in parenthesis. HAH! Some of us are strong enough to eat whatever we want. To follow God wherever he calls us. Others can only eat vegetables. They can only go so far.)


3The man who eats everything must not look down on him who does not, and the man who does not eat everything must not condemn the man who does, for God has accepted him.
 
Meat eaters: don't look down on vegetarians. 
Vegetarians: don't do the "holier than thou" at the meat eaters. 
God accepts each of you. No matter what you eat.  


4Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

I love this verse. Don't judge God's servants. Each person is accountable to their own master. And we stand to God because he is able to support us. 
It's a sweet picture. :) 



5One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind.

So this is pretty straight forward in the first sentence. The second sentence is kind of confusing. But not really? But kind of. Is he saying that everyone should consider one day more holy than another or think that they're all the same? I don't know. But I do think that he thinks that everyone should know what they think. 


6He who regards one day as special, does so to the Lord. He who eats meat, eats to the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who abstains, does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God.

(this is kind of continued from the above bold section) Because if one thinks one day is special, one is doing it because one wants to honor God with that day. If one eats meat, one eats it for God and thanks him for it. If one doesn't eat meat, one does it because one feels that it's the proper thing to do and they thank God for it.


7For none of us lives to himself alone and none of us dies to himself alone.

No one lives alone. We live in a world of 6 or 7 billion people. No one is alone. You can't live completely for yourself. Well, I guess you could, but that would be kind of ridiculous. You can't die to yourself alone. If you die to yourself, you die to others. 
I don't know if I've ever acknowledged this verse before. Sure I had to have read it at some point, but I don't remember reading it. But it's a good verse. A good reminder to live for others. 

8If we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord.

Living or dying we belong to God. Simple as that. 


That only took me forever to write... thanks to self-diagnosed ADD. (I don't really have ADD. I just have ADD moments. Same difference, right? No. Not really.)

I need to do chemistry. And algebra. Ew. I'm having trouble with redox reactions in chemistry...  Maybe I'll look online to see if there's anything that can help me understand them better. Even though I probably wouldn't really have to get much on this test to get an A... *sigh*
I'm going now! hah. Tomorrow is Friday! YAY! I like Fridays... :)

Have a good Thursday y'all!

No comments: