Sunday, January 2, 2011

NIPTO, Day 329

I didn't go to sleep for a very long time last night. And therefore I am tired. Today was a good day, however.
Got up. Went to church. Had a good discussion in Sunday School about walking with God. Talked to people after church. Came home. Ate lunch. ermmm..... went for a walk. Watched an episode of What Not To Wear and the finale of Chuck. Then went to youth group. Talked to Jami, Kaytee, and Hannah for a long while. Brandon talked and it was fantastic. I'm still thinking about it.
Hannah and I ate second dinner&dessert when we got home. And now we're watching Undercover Boss.

NIPTO.
Colossians 2:1-5
1 I want you to know how hard I am contending for you and for those at Laodicea, and for all who have not met me personally.


Paul was a contender. He fought for those people. He fought for people that didn't even know him. 




2 My goal is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ, 3 in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.


Paul fought for people so that they would be encouraged and brought together as a community. He fought so that the mystery of God would be revealed to those people.




4 I tell you this so that no one may deceive you by fine-sounding arguments.5 For though I am absent from you in body, I am present with you in spirit and delight to see how disciplined you are and how firm your faith in Christ is.


He told all of them that so that they would be informed, not deceived. Even though Paul wasn't with them in person, he was with them in spirit. He was delighted to see their discipline and firmness in faith.






I'm going to go think. And read and pray.
Adios.

No comments: