Sunday, January 9, 2011

NIPTO, Day 336

Hey all! This is just NIPTO. (We had church this morning... that's about it. Ha! I sang, though. Which was different. But fun! And we came home and ate lunch. And Katie's in France. Officially. She should be with her host family by now :) The end.)


Colossians 4:2-6
 2 Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.


Devote. Concentrate on (by Dictionary.com's definition.). Concentrate on praying, being watchful, and being thankful. Prayer: talking to God. Being watchful: being careful and paying attention to what's going on around you. Being thankful: erm... what it says. Being thankful for what you have and what God has done for you. Those are the things that we need to devote ourselves to and concentrate on.




3 And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains. 4 Pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should.


Paul asked the people of Colasse to pray for them so that God would give them opportunity to share their message. Paul was in chains for that message. Whew. Paul asked for prayer so to that he could talk and communicate as he should. Even Paul needed prayer for public speaking ;)




5 Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity.


This is pretty straight forward. But we need to be careful how we talk to people who aren't Christians. We need to be inviting not off-putting. We need to make the most of every single opportunity that comes our way. 




6 Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.


This is awesome! I love this and don't know if I've ever really read/remembered this! Let your conversations be always full of grace. Be kind. Our conversations should be seasoned with salt. What the heck does that mean? you might be asking. I think it means that we, as salt and light, should always have the flavoring of the gospel in our conversations. It says that our conversations should be seasoned with salt so that we may know how to answer everyone. And I think that that goes with what I said. Ha.




A'ight. I'm going to... get ready for school? What? No. I'm not thinking about that yet. I'm going to relax for a bit. And then go to The620 tonight! :)
Sounds like a plan.

No comments: