Thursday, January 6, 2011

NIPTO, Day 333

Oh man! Today was... good? I don't really know. Ha.


Got up kinda late. Sat around the table with Katie, Hannah, Nick, and Lauren for a long while. They left around 11:30... Took a shower, swept the hardwood floors, then caught up on internet stuff. Ate lunch... did I don't know what? Then I babysat. And read a lot while I babysat. Came home and helped shovel the driveway... read for a while... ate dinner... contemplated getting Blizzards in the blizzard... went out to get Blizzards in said blizzard, survived, ate said blizzards and watched an episode of Psych, an episode of What Not To Wear, and an episode of some show that Kelly Ripa hosted. Hah. (I also worked on a project that I just started for the church website. Part of it is up there! Look at the header picture. I did the one of the pastors. :)


And now it's 11:20 PM and I need to go to bed. Because I'm going to be up LATE tomorrow night. Tomorrow night IS THE Great American Chicken Hunt: PART III. And therefore I will be up until 3 AM probably. And so yeah. I'm going to get this done and go to SLEEP. And this might be one of the saddest (not will make you cry, but depressing in a... cute... way?) videos I've seen in a while.


NIPTO!


Colossians 3:5-11
 5 Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry. 6 Because of these, the wrath of God is coming.


Anything that is within us that is earthly needs to die spiritually. Or physically. But it needs to go away. Because of these earthly things that we give ourselves to, the wrath of God is coming. He won't hold off forever, so we need to put those things away and embrace Jesus Christ. 




7 You used to walk in these ways, in the life you once lived. 8 But now you must also rid yourselves of all such things as these: anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language from your lips.


Those are the things that we used to do. That's how we used to live. Now we need to get rid of anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language. We should no longer walk as we used to. That's how the world acts. We need to not act like the world. We need to be legitimately different. The world wants legitimately different people. They just don't know it. Or maybe they do. Some do. Some crave to be different. So they take up things that will only lead them to destruction. But following Jesus, legitimately and wholeheartedly, will make you different in such an extreme way that people won't be able to not notice you. That's how I want to live. I want to live in a way that is crazy different from the rest of the world. I don't want to act like everyone else. I don't want to do the things the world does. I want to be a changed person. For pete's sake! I'm part of a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a purchased people (1 Peter 2:9). 
Whew. </rant>


9 Do not lie to each other, since you have taken off your old self with its practices10 and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator.


We should not lie. Lying will dig you a hole faster than you can shovel dirt back into it. It's just not a good thing. We shouldn't lie because we're not who we used to be. We've put on our "new self." And our new self is renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator. Uhm. Wow! I've been listening to (over and over! aka I've listened to it twice in the past 3 days and will probably listen to it again tomorrow or tonight) this sermon given at the OneThing conference. Brandon went to this conference and told Hannah and myself that we should listen to this. So I did. And it's amazing. It's about how we were created in the image of our creator for his GLORY. Here's the link to the page of all the sermons. It's called Created for the Glory of God by Allen Hood. (Thursday Evening) It was so good. I listened to it while cleaning and it made me a happy person. It's so worth the hour to listen to. So go listen to it!




11 Here there is no Gentile or Jew, circumcised or uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave or free, but Christ is all, and is in all.


In this place... God's kingdom?... there wasn't (isn't?) discrimination. People weren't looked on by where they were born or what family they were born into. Everyone was in Christ and therefore was Christ. So Christ is all and is in all
Whew.




Wow. That was longer than I was expecting it to be. But that's okay. That's GOOD. I haven't had a good healthy rant like that in a while :)


And now I shall go to my bed. And sleep. For a good long time!
Tomorrow is figuring out school stuff, babysitting, packing, and going to the Great American Chicken Hunt. (The GACH is an Amazing Race style race where we have to figure out riddles and then go to a location and do some kind of challenge. Like have someone try to pump 5¢ of gas. Erm. Yeah. Crazy. but it should be super fun! I'm sure I'll post all about it after I'm rested up on Saturday! :)


Adios my readers :) 


No comments: