Monday, January 24, 2011

NIPTO, Day 351

Hey everyone! It's once again LATE and I am once again tired. However, I'm not to the point of breaking down. Yet. Ha.
I had to get up toooo early today. I think I'll sleep in a little tiny bit tomorrow morning. Got ready... went to school... did school stuff... ate lunch(ish)... I feel like I didn't eat a whole lot and therefore almost "missed" a meal, and now I'm hungry. Anyways! Had Lit&SAT. Annnnd drove home... relaxed a bit... babysat... came home and relaxed a little tiny bit... ate dinner... paid Dad in back rubs for getting How To Train Your Dragon for me... got ready for dance... went to dance. Danced for 2 hours. Drove home. Ate a piece of cake. Listened to Owl City. PLEASE go here (the Owl City website) and listen to the song that comes on in the background (Peppermint Winter)... maybe I'll be nice and find it and embed it or something.
Here ya go!



Good, innit?
Yup. Now it's NIPTO time. (Sorry the font is little! I'm tired and don't feel like changing it! haha)
1 Timothy 3:8-13

8 In the same way, deacons are to be worthy of respect, sincere, not indulging in much wine, and not pursuing dishonest gain. 9 They must keep hold of the deep truths of the faith with a clear conscience.10 They must first be tested; and then if there is nothing against them, let them serve as deacons.

So yesterday, and the first verses of this chapter, are about leaders. And how they're supposed to act. This is the same, but for deacons. A little different. A little lower on the "totem pole" or whatever. Deacons should be worthy of respect. They should be sincere, not a drunkard, and not a swindler. If that's the right word. Which I think it is. Deacons are to hold onto the truth that is in the word of God with a clear conscience. They should be tested before put into leadership. If there's nothing against them, then they'll be allowed to serve as a deacon.


 11 In the same way, the women are to be worthy of respect, not malicious talkers but temperate and trustworthy in everything.

Women should also be worthy of respect. We shouldn't gossip or talk in a hurtful way. Women should be temperate and trustworthy in everything. The question I'm asking myself is "can I honestly (no pun intended) be trusted/trustworthy in everything?" Are there any areas that I'm not trustworthy in, I guess is what I'm asking too, kinda.



 12 A deacon must be faithful to his wife and must manage his children and his household well. 13 Those who have served well gain an excellent standing and great assurance in their faith in Christ Jesus.

Deacons should be faithful to their spouse and should manage their offspring and household well. If you serve well, you'll gain "an excellent standing and great assurance" in your faith in Jesus. Serving gives assurance. But you want to serve for the right reasons. Right? Right.


A'ight people.
I'm off... [my rocker] to bed! 
I hope your day was lovely&splendid, etc, etc, etc!
Goodnight!

No comments: