Friday, January 21, 2011

NIPTO, Day 348

Hm.
I feel like I always start my blog posts the same way. Oh well!
Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. (That's a little different! ha.)

Today was... normal-ish. Got up (late). Did school (like normal). Ate lunch (late). Read a book and ate nutella (yummy). Did more school (difficult). Gave up and eventually talked to Hannah for a bit (nice to catch up!). Got ready to go babysitting and created a cocoon out of my bed (maybe I'll post pictures sometime). Came downstairs and saw what Mom had gotten from the thrift store and decided to depart to go babysitting (fashionista and timing). Got a call from Susan saying that I didn't have to babysit (yay-ish). Did geometry (long and difficult). Read a book (wonderful). Ate dinner (French-bread pizza with a banana and Lays... yum). Finished reading my book (yes). Got my movie ready (How To Train Your Dragon). Updated my various social networking sites (facebook and twitter). And now I'm blogging (hurrah!). And listening to music (Joey Hendrickson, if you were curious).
^^^ That was different! Hah.

So yeah. After this, I'm going to watch my movie and then read Safely Home until it's time to sleep!
So NIPTO? Mmhm.

1 Timothy 2:1-7
 1 I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people— 2 for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness.


All. All prayers, petitions, intercession, and thanksgiving should be made for all people: Those in authority are first on the list... "that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness." We should pray for the authorities in our lives because they kinda control the "peaceful" aspect of our lives to an extent.




3 This is good, and pleases God our Savior, 4 who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.


Prayer, petition, and intercession for all people pleases God because he wants everyone to be saved and to truly know truth. Don't you want people to know the truth? 




5 For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus, 6 who gave himself as a ransom for all people. This has now been witnessed to at the proper time. 7 And for this purpose I was appointed a herald and an apostle—I am telling the truth, I am not lying—and a true and faithful teacher of the Gentiles.


There is 1 God and one mediator between God and man. That mediator is Jesus. Jesus was both God and man and can therefore be our mediator. Jesus also gave himself as a ransom for all people. You and me. This makes me think of Isaiah 52:3: 3 For this is what the LORD says: “You were sold for nothing, and without money you will be redeemed.” We are redeemed by the blood of Jesus. He's our ransom and our payment that we might be redeemed. 
It was witnessed that Jesus died. It was the 'proper time.' 
Paul was appointed an apostle and herald because he wanted to tell the truth. He was appointed to tell the truth. Paul was a faithful teacher of truth to the Gentiles. Good for him! :) 


Here's to all of us being teachers of truth to anyone that we meet!


1 comment:

H. Yackley said...

I like the different stuffs :-P (especially the parentheses) and thanks for verse four. I was trying to find last night, but I couldn't... I shoulda just read your blog!