Tuesday, January 11, 2011

NIPTO, Day 338

Heyo.
Today has been school. And after I finish this, I'm going to figure out what I'm doing for my ballet class tonight (the one that I'm teaching! Ahhh!). And then I'll get my stuff together and it'll be time for Urban Vision, ballet, and then dance. It shall be crazy.

And I just finished Colossians. So I'm going to read Haggai. It's random. And he was a minor prophet. And I like minor prophets. :)

Haggai 1:1-6
1 In the second year of King Darius, on the first day of the sixth month, the word of the LORD came through the prophet Haggai to Zerubbabel son of Shealtiel, governor of Judah, and to Joshua son of Jehozadak, the high priest:


This is our indication of the times: who was king and who was high priest and so on and so forth. The word of God came to Haggai... Important guy, huh?


 2 This is what the LORD Almighty says: “These people say, ‘The time has not yet come for the LORD’s house to be built.’”

God said that the people said that it wasn't time for the temple to be built yet. Apparently God doesn't think that it's not time yet, because he's questioning them. 


 3 Then the word of the LORD came through the prophet Haggai: 4 “Is it a time for you yourselves to be living in your paneled houses, while this house remains a ruin?”

He questioned them and asked them if they should be living in nice houses while the house of God was in ruins... erm... no. They shouldn't. God's house should be of the utmost importance. But it wasn't to them.


 5 Now this is what the LORD Almighty says: “Give careful thought to your ways. 6 You have planted much, but have harvested little. You eat, but never have enough. You drink, but never have your fill. You put on clothes, but are not warm. You earn wages, only to put them in a purse with holes in it."

God told them to be careful with what they did. They planted a lot, but didn't harvest much. They would eat, but they wouldn't ever have enough. They would drink but wouldn't be satisfied, they would have clothing but wouldn't be warm. They earned money, but would put it in a bag that was full of holes. Basically, nothing that these people did would ever satisfy them. So Haggai was there to tell them about God. 
[Duhn Duhn Duhhhhhhh] haha

To be continued tomorrow...

I'm going to go figure out what I'm doing for my ballet class. Any suggestions for what a group of 4th&5th graders should dance to for a dance that they're supposed to do in May? Anyone??? :) Ideas are much appreciated.

Adios mis amigos! (And happy 1/11/11! haha)

No comments: