Saturday, January 29, 2011

NIPTO, Day 356

Wow. Today was... short. I've been awake for less than 12 hours. I started my day at 11 o'clock. After 11 hours of sleep. I ate breakfast and then Dad and I worked on almost all of the ACT stuff. I went up to my room and listened to some music and wrote a little bit... then I came down stairs and "surfed the 'net" for a while. Mom and Dad got home from their walk, and Mom asked if I wanted to go see a movie. And I said "yes, I would like to see a movie." But it wasn't that simple. But Dad and I ended up going to see Voyage of the Dawn Treader in 3-D. It was good. I love that movie. Especially the end. And there is one quote (by Reepicheep) that is one of my favorites. And I'll share it with you now :) "We have nothing if not belief." Yeah. I like that one. After the movie I took a shower and then we ate dinner and watched Fame, which I throughly enjoyed. And I just spent too much time watching Big Bang Theory clips on YouTube. So funny!

NIPTO! 1 Timothy 5:1-10 1 Do not rebuke an older man harshly, but exhort him as if he were your father. Treat younger men as brothers, 2 older women as mothers, and younger women as sisters, with absolute purity.


This addresses how we're supposed to address others. An older man should be treated as if he were your father. Younger men should be treated as brothers. Older women should be treated as your mother and younger women as sisters. Good rules to go by.



 3 Give proper recognition to those widows who are really in need. 4 But if a widow has children or grandchildren, these should learn first of all to put their religion into practice by caring for their own family and so repaying their parents and grandparents, for this is pleasing to God.


This is all about widows and how they're to be treated. Widows who are truly in need should be given proper recognition. If a widow has family, they should put "their religion" into practice and take care of her. That's what is pleasing to God and is what he wants.




5 The widow who is really in need and left all alone puts her hope in God and continues night and day to pray and to ask God for help. 6 But the widow who lives for pleasure is dead even while she lives.


A widow who has no family should put her hope in God and should ask him day and night for his help.
A widow who lives for pleasure isn't truly alive, even if she's alive.




7 Give the people these instructions, so that no one may be open to blame. 8 Anyone who does not provide for their relatives, and especially for their own household, has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

These were to be given to the people as instructions so that they wouldn't be to blame. Anyone who doesn't help and provide for their relatives, especially those in their own household has denied their faith and is worse than an unbeliever. Harsh. But not really. If you don't take care of your family, how can you be expected to take care of anyone else that's considered "family"? 



That's all for tonight. Church in the morning and WinterJam in the afternoon/evening! Should be a blast! (I'm pumped to see David Crowder*Band in concert! 's gonna be fantastic! :)
G'night!

No comments: