Saturday, January 8, 2011

NIPTO, Day 335

OH my lanta. I am tired and sore. The Great American Chicken Hunt was AMAZING. I will post about it tomorrow. For the moment, I want to blog and go to bed. I haven't slept since I woke up this morning. Wait, that's a lie. I slept a little bit in the car on the way to the airport to drop Katie off this afternoon. So yeah, I'm tired. And we're doing music tomorrow. So I'm going to try to be in bed by 9:30. I think that'd be the earliest I've been in bed in... a year or two? Crazy.


NIPTO!

Colossians 3:18-4:1
18 Wives, submit yourselves to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord.
 19 Husbands, love your wives and do not be harsh with them.

Wives are to obey their husbands and submit to them as is fitting in the Lord. That means that women shouldn't "submit" themselves to the point of abuse. Husbands in turn are to love their wives. Paul tells them to be gentle with their wives!


 20 Children, obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the Lord.
 21 Fathers, do not embitter your children, or they will become discouraged.

Kiddos. Children are to obey their parents. In everything. Because our parents know best. And it makes God happy.
Parents (fathers specifically?) shouldn't "embitter" or aggravate their children. That leads to discouragement in children which is not encouraged.


 22 Slaves, obey your earthly masters in everything; and do it, not only when their eye is on you and to curry their favor, but with sincerity of heart and reverence for the Lord.

Slaves then, workers (?) now. I'll say it's people with jobs. Or any kind of task that has an overseer. We, as those people, need to obey whoever is over us in whatever they tell us to do. And do it. And do it when they're not watching you. Not just because they are watching you. Do it because you're working for God.  ---> next verse. 


23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, 24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. 25 Anyone who does wrong will be repaid for their wrongs, and there is no favoritism.

What we do we need to do with all of our heart. We need to have a mindset of working for God, not for whoever's in charge of what we're doing. We should do this because we'll receive an inheritance from God as a reward because we're actually serving him.
Verse 25 is pretty straight forward. I'll let you figure it out for yourself ;)


 1 Masters, provide your slaves with what is right and fair, because you know that you also have a Master in heaven.

Masters! Bosses... Provide what is right and fair for your workers. Bosses aren't the boss of the world. They too have a boss in heaven!


A'ight. I'm going to eat something yummy (I'm thinking brownie trifle) and watch an episode of Make It or Break It.
Adios a mis lectores! (Goodbye my readers:)

No comments: