Saturday, January 22, 2011

NIPTO, Day 349

Heyooo.
Today's been busy!
I got up and took a practice ACT (got a 25... eh). While I was scoring my test, Mom and Dad left to get the Karen girls. I took a shower and got ready&whatnot and then they got here, sooooo we looked at some magazines together and the younger girls played in the basement. Eventually we ate lunch and then I went to the basement with Eh Dah Po, Be Bin, and Ehne Thau and played Wii for a bit. Ehne Thau opened her birthday present (an orange coat and an orange&white tie-dye hoodie) and we watched The Clique. I read the book version of the movie and they were pretty much the same. After the movie we ate cake for Ehne Thau's birthday. They played Slap Jack for a bit and then we played 3 games of Spoons. Then Mom&Dad took them home and I did I have no idea what... random interwebz stuff? They got home and we ate dinner and watched How To Train Your Dragon (again) before we had to take it back to the RedBox. When it was over Dad and I ran to Wal-Mart and returned it. At 9:00:20. We don't have to pay a dollar for having it "after 9PM" ha. When we got home, I decided to get ready for bed since Mom was blogging. I read Safely Home for a while and now I'm blogging. When I'm done I'll probably go up to my bed and read more there. Then sleep. Ya know.

NIPTO, eh?
1 Timothy 2:8-11-15

8 Therefore I want the men everywhere to pray, lifting up holy hands without anger or disputing.

Therefore (because Paul's job is to carry the message to everyone (and our job too!)) we should pray. So we raise up holy hands/to praise the holy one/who was and is and is to come. Without anger. Without arguments. With joy.


9 I also want the women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, adorning themselves, not with elaborate hairstyles or gold or pearls or expensive clothes, 10 but with good deeds, appropriate for women who profess to worship God.

Reminder reminder reminder. As a woman of God, speaking for myself, I need to dress modestly. With propriety. I don't need a fancy hairstyle or great jewelry or the latest, hottest, clothes. I should "adorn" myself with "good deeds appropriate for women who... worship God." Hallelujah, Amen. 


 11 A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. 12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet. 13 For Adam was formed first, then Eve. 14 And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner. 15 But women will be saved through childbearing—if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety.

I'm not completely sure what I think about this. I agree that women should learn in quietness and submission. At the time it was improper for a woman to preach, so I agree with that too. I guess. I don't really know. I'll probably bring this up with someone sometime and get into some kind of crazy debate about it. ha. Go future me =P
Adam came first. And it's completely true that Adam wasn't the one who was deceived. Eve was deceived. And yes, I know that rhymes. She was the one who was deceived and became a sinner. Thankfully, us women are saved through the pain of childbearing. (WHY Eve, WHY?!?!?! hahahaha) That is, we will be saved if we continue in faith love, and holiness with propriety.


Interesting. Lots of interesting stuff. (Any thoughts on verses 11&12?)
I'm going to go to bed now. Goodnight.

1 comment:

H. Yackley said...

woooow... Verses 11 and 12 are intense... I'm trying to remember a) what Mr. M talked about and b) what Tom Short has said in the past...

But it's too late for that :-P