Friday, January 28, 2011

NIPTO, Day 355

Hai.
How are y'all doing today?
I'm pretty good. Tired, as always. But then again, it's late.
Today I got up and did school. Ate lunch and watched an episode of Chuck from the 2nd season (Sarah's high school reunion! hah)
Did more school. Babysat. Came home. Relaxed?/facebooked or whatever. Ate dinner. Babysat some more. Ate DELISHUS chocolate cake that Jason made. Talked to Chris&Rosie about Pushing Daises and other tv shows of the wonderful variety.
And now I'm blogging. Because it's late. And I haven't blogged yet today. Obviously.
And please go look at this. It's the funniest thing I've seen in a long time. Oh my goodness. I can't wait to show it to Mom tomorrow.
Tomorrow...ahhhhh tomorrow. I'm going to sleep for as long as I want to/can. And then I'm going to go over ACT stuff with Dad. Then I'm going to go sledding in the back yard. And then, hopefully, I will get coffee with Kaytee! She says she has stuff (good stuff!) to tell me. And it has to do with God. Sooooo I'm excited. I hope it works out.
And so I can get more sleep, I'm going to "NIPTO" and then sleep!

1 Timothy 4:11-16

11 Command and teach these things. 12 Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity.

Ahhhhhh. One of my favorite verses. Verse 12. But not to forget verse 11. These things in this letter/chapter are the things that we need to command and teach. But when you do that, don't let people look down on you because you're young. Set an example for them in your speech, how you conduct yourself, in your love, your faith, and your purity. I have a note-card that I got at my very first (quote illegal unquote) LT (2007). It has verse 12 on it, and on the other side it says "Though you are young, look to God in all things, and He will use you in tremendous ways." The guys from Grace Point gave it to me. It's currently in Blue Like Jazz as my bookmark. But what it says is true. If we look to God, he will use us as examples for what his people should look and act like. 


13 Until I come, devote yourself to the public reading of Scripture, to preaching and to teaching. 14 Do not neglect your gift, which was given you through prophecy when the body of elders laid their hands on you.

Until Paul came, he wanted them to devote themselves to reading the Bible publicly. And to preach and teach. He was telling Timothy to not neglect the gift that was given to him through a prophecy when the elders laid their hands on him. It would be a shame to neglect such a powerful gift.


 15 Be diligent in these matters; give yourself wholly to them, so that everyone may see your progress. 16 Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers.

We need to be diligent in what we do. We need to devote ourselves to things so that our progress will be evident to others. Paul told Timothy to watch his life and doctrine closely. When people know you're a Christian, they're going to watch you like a hawk. If we persevere in our life and doctrine, people could be saved by observing and wanting what we have. It's not just for personal growth, it's for the salvation of others.

Wow. Lots of good stuff. I'm going to go to bed now.
G'night!


No comments: