Wednesday, January 19, 2011

NIPTO, Day 346

Hey-oooo This is a "solo Nipto" post. I'm planning on writing another post right after this that contains details of Tuesday and Wednesday. So stay tuned for that.
In the meantime:
NIPTO.

1 Timothy 1:12-17
12 I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that he considered me trustworthy, appointing me to his service.


God will give us strength. WE are the trustworthy people that God has appointed to take his word into the world. And he'll give us the strength that we need.




13 Even though I was once a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent man, I was shown mercy because I acted in ignorance and unbelief. 14 The grace of our Lord was poured out on me abundantly, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus.


Our past doesn't matter when it comes to God. Paul was shown mercy because he didn't know what he was doing when he was persecuting the Christians around him. God's grace will forever be poured out on us. Undeserving people. The faith and love that are in Christ will be poured out on us as well because he loves us. And it's that simple. 


 15 Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst. 16 But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life.

This saying... exactly what he says it is: it's "a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance." If we can accept this... life will get a little easier.  "Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners." Jesus came to save us. The sinners. If you believe that you're a sinner, God will show you mercy. He'll show his patience... his immense patience for those who believe in him 


17 Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

To God who is eternal, immortal, invisible, and the ONLY God: honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen. A men. 




Alright. I'm going to sign this off and write about my day yesterday and today.
Stay tuned!

No comments: