Saturday, December 4, 2010

NIPTO, Day 300

Three. Hundred. Days. Of. Blogging. For realz. Wow.
Only a couple of months left until I hit a year. Wow.wow.wow.wow.

So. Yesterday. Carrie came over. We ate dinner, played Bananagrams, got into our PJs and watched That Thing You Do (HEY GUYS! Was that our fan? tee hee hee), and Newsies. It was the first time I'd seen Newsies and it was really good! I loved the music from it :)

Then we went to bed. Because it was almost midnight. And we were tired. So then we got up in the morning, ate Monkey Break, and then Katie and Hannah and Dad got home and Mrs. Jones got to our house all at the same time. Soooo Carrie left and then the stories from Chicago began. (Kate and Dad went to Chicago so that Katie could go to the French Consulate to get her visa for her going to France in the spring semester.)
So we sat around for a while... and then we split up to do our various things. I drove Katie (and Dad) to the BMV so Kate could get her license renewed, and then we got home... goofed around on the piano for a while, went on a walk, played Set, watched an episode of Chuck, watched The Story of Stuff, ate dinner, watched Katie and Hannah open presents, talked to Meme for a while, watched another episode of Chuck, got ice cream pie, and then watched another episode of Chuck. And now Katie and Hannah are watching another episode of Chuck and I'm half watching it. But I'm also blogging.
So. Yes. NIPTO.

Philippians 1:12-14
12 Now I want you to know, brothers and sisters, that what has happened to me has actually served to advance the gospel.


Paul and Timothy both were imprisoned for what they believed and taught. 
They both wrote this. But I'm thinking this is Paul writing... but whoever wrote it is put aside. 
What happened to this guy helped to advance the gospel. 
He used the worst situations to his advantage. To God's advantage. 




13 As a result, it has become clear throughout the whole palace guard and to everyone else that I am in chains for Christ. 14 And because of my chains, most of the brothers and sisters have become confident in the Lord and dare all the more to proclaim the gospel without fear.


Because of how he behaved and reacted to his situation, it was obvious that he wasn't in chains for himself/something he had done. He was there for God. And because of his chains, people were becoming more confidant. They were less fearful about sharing the gospel. And that, my friends, is awesome!




A'ight. I'm going to finish watching this episode of Chuck and then go to bed! Church in the mornin'!
Adios my readers!

No comments: