Tuesday, December 21, 2010

NIPTO, Day 317

Whew. I feel like I did a whole lot of nothin' today!

And ohhhhhh my. My dad and sister are crazy. That's all I'm allowed to say. hahahahahaha.

So. Today... got up, ate breakfast, got dressed, made peanut butter kiss cookies, read a book? ate lunch, read some more, went on a walk and figured out some of our Christmas song stuff, stretched... did I don't know what, ate dinner, and thennn we played Set for a bit and then watched Elf! twas a good evening.
We also all sat on the couch. That was fun. :)

NIPTO!
Philippians 4:10-13
10 I rejoiced greatly in the Lord that at last you renewed your concern for me. Indeed, you were concerned, but you had no opportunity to show it. 11 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances.


He was glad (he rejoiced, even) that they were concerned for him. They didn't have an opportunity to show that they were concerned, though. But he wasn't saying this because he was in need. Definitely not. He learned to be content in whatever circumstances he was in. That, my friends, is crazy faith. It's so hard to be content in AMERICA where we have ANYTHING we could NEED, yet we want so much. It's just wrong. *sighs and shakes head*




12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.


Paul knew what it was like to be in need and what it was like to have more than enough. He learned "the secret" to being content in every single situation. Food or no food: contentment. 
The great thing is that Jesus knows those things too. He's the one who can help us through those things. He knew hunger. He knew being full. Jesus experienced anything and everything that we're going through. And that's comforting. 




13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.


Paul's secret? He learned to be content through him who gave him strength. Jesus. God. He'll give us the strength that we need to be content in every circumstance. 


I think, especially with Christmas approaching in a few short days, that contentment is something that I'm writing on my hand or my arm. A reminder to be content, no matter what I "want" or "need." Contentment is something that I can choose. And today, I choose to be content.

No comments: