Friday, December 10, 2010

NIPTO, Day 306

School. That's been my day. And a little French Bread Pizza and Catching Fire. But other than that, it's pretty much been school.
Boring, I know. Although this video was pretty interesting... Thank you, Jon Acuff.

So... yeah. I'll be babysitting in a little while, so I thought I'd blog. I have a physics test to do when I get home... which isn't super exciting to think about. Especially since it's a really hard module. But I'll get through it.
And so, for now, I will do NIPTO.

Philippians 2:12-18
12 Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, 13 for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose.


A'ight. We, as Christians, should obey, not only in each others presence, but in each others absence. We need to work out our salvation. We need to work at it. God is the one who works in us and he will act to fulfill his good purpose. 




 14 Do everything without grumbling or arguing, 15 so that you may become blameless and pure, “children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation.” Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky 16 as you hold firmly to the word of life. And then I will be able to boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor in vain.

Ahhhhh... a very well known verse: Do everything without grumbling or arguing. SO TOUGH. But there's more. It's not just that verse. We should do everything without grumbling or arguing so that we can become blameless. Pure. So we can become children of God without fault in the warped and crooked generation that we live in. 
When this happens, if ever, we will shine among the children of God like stars. We need to hold firmly to the word of life and not give into the lies that are taking over our world. 
And then we'll be able to boast that we weren't running or laboring in vain. There's a purpose to what we're doing.


17 But even if I am being poured out like a drink offering on the sacrifice and service coming from your faith, I am glad and rejoice with all of you. 18 So you too should be glad and rejoice with me.

Paul (or Timothy) was glad and rejoiced with those he was writing to no matter what situation he was in. And he thought they should rejoice with him too. 




Yup. I gots to go babysit now. Adios!

No comments: