Sunday, December 12, 2010

NIPTO, Day 308

Wow. I almost went to bed without blogging! I got preoccupied with homework and YouTube! haha

It's just going to be NIPTO because it's LATE! And there may or may not be school tomorrow. So. On with the show!

Philippians 2:25-30


Paul was talking about sending Timothy to them, and possibly, eventually, him coming to stay with them for a while when possible.


 25 But I think it is necessary to send back to you Epaphroditus, my brother, co-worker and fellow soldier, who is also your messenger, whom you sent to take care of my needs. 26 For he longs for all of you and is distressed because you heard he was ill.


Paul thought that it was needed to send Epaphroditus, their messenger who they sent to take care of Paul, back to them. He wanted to be with the people who sent him (the Philippians... I think that would be what they're "called"...), and they wanted him to come back because they heard he was sick.




27 Indeed he was ill, and almost died. But God had mercy on him, and not on him only but also on me, to spare me sorrow upon sorrow. 28 Therefore I am all the more eager to send him, so that when you see him again you may be glad and I may have less anxiety.


Epaphroditus was sick. He almost died. But God showed him, and Paul, mercy. He spared them pain on one hand and sorrow on the other. Paul was happy to send him so that when they saw him, they would know that he was okay. It would make Paul, of all people, less anxious. 




29 So then, welcome him in the Lord with great joy, and honor people like him, 30 because he almost died for the work of Christ. He risked his life to make up for the help you yourselves could not give me.


Paul instructed them to welcome him with joy and to honor people that were like him. Because he almost died. For Christ. He risked his life to make up for their inability to help him personally. 




So. That's that. I think that to me that means that we should step up when we see a need that others aren't able to perform. It's our responsibility as Christians and for some as leaders as well to step up. 
And now, I am off to bed. And hopefully I'll get over this cold that I have. 
Tomorrow I will try to get a post up about today... and if not, look for it on... Tuesday... or Wednesday. Heh. It's going to be a busy week, folks!

No comments: