Saturday, December 11, 2010

NIPTO, Day 307

Hai.
I'm tired.
And me writing this just got pushed back an hour or so. Soooooo. It'll be short.ish. I promise.ish.

Today: Youth Leadership meeting at Brandon's house. That was 10-1. After that, I ate some lunch and did some website stuff (for live620.com), played guitar a little bit, turned the oven on to bake some lasagna, played guitar some more, realized the house smelled like gas/Sculpy and called Mom. (The plastic wrap (that the instructions say to leave on!) was melting. Yaaaay. Yeah. That didn't smell good. But then I went to see Voyage of the Dawn Treader with Julia, Joy, Joy's sister-in-law, Carrie, Julia's friend, Mr. Sharrock, and Gabe. 'twas brilliant! But the 3-D was kind of lame... It's not really a 3-D movie. But it was a good movie. Then I came home and ate some of the afore-mentioned lasagna. And some cheesecake. And listened to the adults from church talk about random stuff.
Then people left. Annnd I started to write this. And then Jay&Ang came over for a while. And now it's very late. And that was my day!

NIPTO.
Philippians 2:19-24
19 I hope in the Lord Jesus to send Timothy to you soon, that I also may be cheered when I receive news about you.


Yeah! We finally know that Paul is writing this! Timothy was kind of a go-between... I think. Don't take my word for it. But it seems like he wanted to send Timothy to them because that was how he got his information about them? I don't know. I'm super tired. This is going to be pretttty lame. 




20 I have no one else like him, who will show genuine concern for your welfare. 21 For everyone looks out for their own interests, not those of Jesus Christ. 22 But you know that Timothy has proved himself, because as a son with his father he has served with me in the work of the gospel.


Timothy was unique. He genuinely cared for other people. He looked out for other people. He wasn't concerned with what was going on with him. He looked out for the interests of others. Timothy also proved himself. He served with Paul in sharing the gospel. 




23 I hope, therefore, to send him as soon as I see how things go with me. 24 And I am confident in the Lord that I myself will come soon.


So. Paul hoped to send him to them soon. As soon as he saw how things were going for him. And he was confident that he would come to them soon. He was confident in the Lord. I think we're not very confident sometimes. But we have to know that God always has our best interests at heart.






And now, I peace out (girl-scout) to go catch some shut-eye before I have to get up in seven hours..... yaaaaaaaay. (I love doing music at church. I love doing music at church. I love doing music at church!)
G'night all!

No comments: