Monday, December 6, 2010

NIPTO, Day 302

Hola!

Today has been a good day. And it's not over yet!

Got up. Went to school. Lugged stuff inside through the mounds and mounds (okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a little bit!) of snow and then sat in study hall, did school, listened to Tim Hawkins (hilarious comedian!), went to Mom's room, did Physics, ate lunch, went outside into the snow and took some pictures of Carrie, came in and went to Lit and ACT... came home, listened to Dave Ramsey, surfed the web a bit, and then went to babysit! Babysat... came home... relaxed a bit. Then I made pancakes for dinner! Ate dinner, cleaned up, and here I am!

So.... NIPTO.ish.

Philippians 1:18b-26
Yes, and I will continue to rejoice, 19 for I know that through your prayers and God’s provision of the Spirit of Jesus Christ what has happened to me will turn out for my deliverance.


The writer of this letter was... optimistic. To say the least. He knew that because of the prayers of the other believers, and because of God's provision that what happened to him would turn out for his good. For his deliverance. 




 20 I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death.


[Paul or Timothy] expected and hoped that he wouldn't be ashamed that he was in prison. (I'm assuming.) He hoped and expected to have courage so that God would always be honored by him. In life or in death. Wow. That's... a hard attitude to have.




21 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. 22 If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know!


To live is Christ and to die is gain. If you're living, you should be living Christ. If you die, you get heaven. And that's gain in my book. 
Living is fruitful labor (bringing others to Christ). What shall we do? Dunno. God does, so that's good.




23 I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far; 24 but it is more necessary for you that I remain in the body.


This guy (Paul or Timothy, I'm guessing Paul) wanted to be with God, which is better, but knew that it was necessary for the people he was writing to for him to stay with them in body.




25 Convinced of this, I know that I will remain, and I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, 26 so that through my being with you again your boasting in Christ Jesus will abound on account of me.


This guy was convinced that they needed him. And I'm pretty sure he was right. He knew that staying with them would help them progress in joy and in faith. He knew that staying would increase their "boasting in Christ." 


And. Now. I am going to watch The Sing Off (A capella singing competition! :)
And then sleep.


Adios!

No comments: