Friday, December 17, 2010

NIPTO, Day 313

Heyyyyy. I'm tired. So I'mma going to do NIPTO and go to bed. Because it's almost midnight. And I have to take a shower. And then be up at 8ish tomorrow morning for play practice. Yippee! (I'm excited for the play, but I'm tired. Excuse any sarcasm that I might use during this post!)

Philippians 3:17-21
17 Join together in following my example, brothers and sisters, and just as you have us as a model, keep your eyes on those who live as we do.


We as Christians need to be an example. People watch us. If they know that you're a Christian, they will watch you like a hawk to make sure that if you do something bad, it gets mentioned. So we need to be good examples of what a Christian should act like. 




18 For, as I have often told you before and now tell you again even with tears, many live as enemies of the cross of Christ. 19 Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame. Their mind is set on earthly things.


Sad. So sad. Many people live as enemies of the cross. They're doomed. Their destiny is destruction. They follow their minds/stomachs. They have their glory in their shame. They only think about what's here on earth. They have no real concept of what's next




20 But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, 21 who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.


We, however, should think of heaven as our home. That's where our citizenship is. We have a concept of what comes next. And that's heaven. We should anticipate heaven with all that we have. In heaven we'll get new bodies. I think that's going to be awesome. Heaven in general is going to be FANTASTIC. I mean, it's heaven, right? So what's more awesome than that?!?!




And on that note, I'm going to go to bed... Today was fun, tomorrow will be even more fun, but I need to get my beauty rest for the ball tomorrow night! (That slipped into a Cinderella (R&H) quote half way through...) I need to get my beauty rest for the FUN DAY I'm going to have tomorrow! 


G'night readers!

No comments: