Monday, December 13, 2010

NIPTO, Day 309

Uf. Today has gone from busy to empty.
Today would normally be school/classes and babysitting. Tonight there was the added component of dance (a make up class from a couple weeks ago.)
Classes got canceled because Akron was closed [6:45 am], I got up around 9. Ate breakfast. Did some school. Found out that dance was canceled [11:18 am] and ate lunch a while later. Studied for physics, found out that I didn't have to babysit [2:12 pm], took my physics test. Then I'm not really sure what I did. Watched some Project Runway. Read a book a bit. Ate dinner. Watched more Project Runway. And now I'm here watching Lie To Me* and blogging.

My nose is stuffy. And my throat hurts. I think I have a sinus infection. But I'm not really sure. But I feel not great. So I'm glad everything got canceled today!
The next thing is to see if Urban Vision is canceled tomorrow (Akron schools are closed already. Craazy)... and dance. It would be kind of nice to have another free(ish) day!


Philippians 3:1-6
1 Further, my brothers and sisters, rejoice in the Lord! It is no trouble for me to write the same things to you again, and it is a safeguard for you.


Rejoice. To be glad; take delight. Dictionary.com. Paul didn't have a problem writing the same thing over and over. It was to make them safe. 




2 Watch out for those dogs, those evildoers, those mutilators of the flesh. 3 For it is we who are the circumcision, we who serve God by his Spirit, who boast in Christ Jesus, and who put no confidence in the flesh— 4 though I myself have reasons for such confidence.


We need to watch out for people who will bring us down. The "mutilators of the flesh." But those who serve God and boast in Jesus put not a smidge of confidence in the flesh. Paul even said that he had reasons for putting confidence in flesh. 


   If someone else thinks they have reasons to put confidence in the flesh, I have more: 5 circumcised on the eighth day, of the people of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of Hebrews; in regard to the law, a Pharisee; 6 as for zeal, persecuting the church; as for righteousness based on the law, faultless.

If anyone (and Paul really means anyone) has any kind of reason to put confidence in the flesh, Paul has a better reason. He was circumcised. Big thing for the Jews. He was part of the people of Israel. He was Hebrew. He was, according to the law, a Pharisee. 
He had all the reason to put his confidence in flesh. But as Christians we shouldn't put confidence in the flesh.
More on that tomorrow!



Whew. I'm going to go to bed. Maybe get 11 hours of sleep! Or 10. You know. A double digit! That would be exciting.

Oh! Something else! As of Saturday, I'm the head of the "Social Networking Team" for The620. I added my first post today, so check it out! (Click on the link above :)

A'ight. G'night.

No comments: