Wednesday, December 8, 2010

NIPTO, Day 304

Hi all!

Today was pretty simple. And I only have time for a quick run-down, so here's how it went: got up, went to spanish class, sat in study hall and got a little bit accomplished, ate lunch, sat in mom's class, went to the library, bank, and grocery store, came home, worked on school stuff for what seemed like forever, then went to the Advent study that I'm doing @ The620. Ate dinner there, did our study (laughed a TON! It's like therapy there!), came home, watched Glee, watched Glee again, caught up on the blogs that I read, and here I am! :)
All that in the space of about 14 hours.

So NIPTO.
Philippians 2:1-4
1 Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, 2 then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind.


Can I just say that I LOVE Philippians? There's so much good stuff. That's why I'm taking it slowly. So. IF we have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if anyone takes comfort in God's love, if anyone have anything (like the Holy Spirit?), in common, if we have any tenderness and compassion, then we should be like-minded. We should have the same love. We should be in one spirit and of one mind. That is what makes joy complete. Having oneness. 




3 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, 4 not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.


Nada that we do should come from our want to gain anything for ourselves We need to be humble and value others much higher than ourselves. We should constantly be looking to help others. And not because it helps us. OHHHH no. We need to do it because we're looking out for others.


As we get closer to Christmas, I'm realizing that I spend a lot of time "here" but not really here. I need to take less time for myself and more time for my family. 




And now, I'm going to peace out because I have a tonnnn to get done tomorrow and not a whole lot of time to do it. So.
Peace out.

No comments: