Sunday, December 19, 2010

NIPTO, Day 315

Hey-o!

Today has been a good day. Even though I feel like I didn't go to church today... even though I did go to church. hah. (Sunday school, play practice... and that was my church day!) We had play practice. That was good. Annd we had lunch with Kasey and Bethany! I like them a whole lot. Wish they would move back up here... but, hey, they both have jobs! So that's good.

Then... I... did some facebook stuff? Then it was time to leave for the play! We ate dinner and got everyone in costumes and then it was time for the play! It was really good! The kids were great and it was funny and I messed up the 3 lines that I had, but it was okay. Hah. My narration went much better. Then we ate cake and talked to people.
After that, Hannah and I went to The620 Christmas Party. It was fun! Hannah and I hung around after and did some dishes and listened to awesome worship music. Mucho de fun-o. I mean... fue muy divertido! haha.

Then we came home and the whole family watched the Survivor Finale (and Reunion show). The next season of Survivor seems like it's going to be great!

And I finished my blog that I "published" last night. And now I'm doing this. :)

NIPTO!
Philippians 4:4-7
 4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!


Rejoice. In the Lord. Always. Not when we feel like it. Always. And he'll say it again: Rejoice! It's hard to remember to rejoice. Always. Lots of the time, you just want to stay... neutral in your emotion. You don't want to rejoice




5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near.


Gentleness. Huh. No one focuses on this verse. It's sandwiched between two great verses. But this in and of itself is really good. We should show our gentleness to others. We shouldn't be harsh. Gentle. It makes me think of a little kid and a baby. You always tell the little kid to "be gentle!" We should be gentle to others. Why? Because the Lord is near. Always. 




6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.


I don't know what to say about these verses. They're so picked over. But here's what I've got: Don't be anxious. About anything at all. Don't just forget about stuff, though! In every single situation, we should pray and tell God what's goin' on. And don't forget to be thankful. Because thankfulness can kind of be key. When you've truly let go about whatever it is that you were anxious about by telling God about it, you'll receive peace. The peace of God. No one can understand it. But that's kind of the point. If we could understand it, we wouldn't need it. But we need that peace desperately. When we get that peace, it guards our hearts and minds. In a stressful situation, your mind can wander so much to worst case scenarios. But when you have this peace, it won't. God will guard your mind. And that's peace in and of itself. 




Whew. And with that, ladies and gentlemen, I'm going to bed. And I'm going to SLEEP IN. Because I can! Yay me, huh?


G'night!

No comments: