Sunday, December 5, 2010

NIPTO, Day 301

Hola!
Today was good.
I went to Small Group. Then church. Thennnn we came home. And ate lunch. Then... played Set? I don't really remember what we did this afternoon. I know Katie and Hannah packed... and then at some point we played more Set. And ate ice cream pie. And then we packed it up and headed to Kent, dropped Katie and Hannah off at their dorm, went to Gabriel Brothers, then to church again for the youth group Christmas party :)

Annnnnnd Dad's talking on the phone to my oldest girl cousin who just announced that she's ENGAGED! Soo yes! That's super exciting!!!! :D (They're thinking about getting married in Wooster!)

And on that note... on to NIPTO!

Philippians 1:15-18a
15 It is true that some preach Christ out of envy and rivalry, but others out of goodwill.


Woah. Some people tell other people about God because they're envious and have some kind of rivalry. But others "preach Christ" out of goodwill. 




16 The latter do so out of love, knowing that I am put here for the defense of the gospel. 17 The former preach Christ out of selfish ambition, not sincerely, supposing that they can stir up trouble for me while I am in chains.


Those who tell people about God out of goodwill do that because they have love. They know that [Paul or Timothy] was there, in prison, because they were defending the gospel. The others preach the gospel because they think that they can get [Paul or Timothy] in trouble while [Paul or Timothy] is in prison. Those people aren't nice.




18 But what does it matter? The important thing is that in every way, whether from false motives or true, Christ is preached. And because of this I rejoice.


But what does it matter... What does it matter? I would think it matters a whole lot. But it doesn't. What matters is that Christ is preached. Whether from false motives or true. Wow. That's... a tough thing to truly mean! But whoever wrote this did. And because of that they rejoiced!




And now I go to bed. After I do 3 SAT questions (SAT question of the day) and print 2 copies of my paper. So yes. I'm off to do that!

No comments: