Tuesday, December 7, 2010

NIPTO, Day 303

Heyoooo.
It's still snowing. It's been snowing for... days? Maybe 3? Maybe 4? All I know is that there is a LOT of snow out there.

We're not going to Urban Vision today. Mom's back has been acting up, so we're just going to chill at home. I think Dad's coming home to take me to dance. So that's good.
We'd have to be leaving... right now. But we don't. So that's nice. I think I might go out in the snow later... I love the snow. :)
I might also do my nails. I haven't painted my nails in a long time.

But for now, NIPTO.

Philippians 1:27-30
27 Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ. Then, whether I come and see you or only hear about you in my absence, I will know that you stand firm in the one Spirit, striving together as one for the faith of the gospel 28 without being frightened in any way by those who oppose you. This is a sign to them that they will be destroyed, but that you will be saved—and that by God.


Whatever happens. No exceptions. We should always act in such a way that we are worthy of carrying the gospel. Even though we're never really worthy, we should act like we are! haha. 
Paul was saying that if they acted like they were worthy of the gospel, then he would know, whether or not he saw them, that they were standing firm in their faith. He would know that they weren't frightened by those who opposed them. 
If they did this, then that would be a sign that their opposition would be destroyed, but that they would be saved by God. 




29 For it has been granted to you on behalf of Christ not only to believe in him, but also to suffer for him, 30 since you are going through the same struggle you saw I had, and now hear that I still have.


Their salvation was given to them on behalf of Christ, not just to believe in them, but to suffer for him too. They were going through the same thing that Paul (or Timothy) was going through. They saw that he went through it. Then Paul (or Timothy) heard that he was still going through that struggle. 
Our struggles are never really over, are they?




Well. I'm going to go read or paint my nails or something. Yup yup. 


OHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Yeah. Happy (21st) birthday to my favorite [oldest] sister! :) Love you, girl!

And now. I'm off.... [my rocker] ;)
Adios!

No comments: