Wednesday, December 15, 2010

NIPTO, Day 311

So much, yet so little today.

a'ight. Today. I. Got up. Got ready for the day and ate breakfast. Got all my school stuff together. Mom and I headed to school... annnnd then I had Spanish class. And then after Spanish we went to Mariachi Loco's. But we didn't eat there. Because it doesn't open until 12 pm. Annnd it was 11 am. And Mom had to be back at school by 12:30. So we ended up going to Pancho's for lunch. It was super fun. I love the people in my Spanish class. They're hilarious.
So after that we went back to school, and I sat in on Mom's class. Did a bit o' school. Then packed up, headed to the library, bank, and grocery store... got home. Did some school. Then left for Gifts That Don't Break. Had chili for dinner. Delicious as always! Then we had a great discussion about joy. I really like those people. I'll keep them, thanks! :)
And now I'm home. Watched Survivor. And now The Sing Off is on. I love a'capella groups. SO good.

Now. NIPTO. :)
Philippians 3:12-14
 12 Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me.


The "all this" that Paul is talking about comes from the verses before this where he's talking about counting gains as losses and following Christ in his death and resurrection. So he's saying that he hasn't gotten all this or gotten to his goal. He presses on towards his goal. To take hold of what Jesus took hold of for us. That's... special. 




13 Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.


Paul didn't think that he had gotten what he needed. Yet. He did have one thing that he would do: He forgot what was behind him. He strained toward what was ahead. When I think of straining, I think of a team of horses or oxen plowing a field. Pressing against whatever is holding them back. He would press on toward his goal. To win the prize that God had called him and us heavenward. In Christ. Woah. I know I'll be pressing on. 




I hope you press on.

No comments: