Tuesday, December 14, 2010

NIPTO, Day 310

Today has been another lazy "snow day" of sorts.
I "technically" got a 2 hour delay. I just started school about 2 hours late. But that's my 2 hour delay when everyone else gets a snow day. Home-schooling FTW (for the win).

Urban Vision and dance were both canceled. Thanks to all that snow.

So I did school. Ate lunch and watched Project Runway. Did more school. Took a shower. Did a mini spa day. Ate dinner. Read Lucky Magazine. And now I'm watching Alice in Wonderland. And formulating a blog post that has been in the making for a very long time.

And now, NIPTO.

Philippians 3:7-11
7 But whatever were gains to me I now consider loss for the sake of Christ.


As my sister would say: Bam. Whatever was a gain... he considered a loss. Why? For the sake of Christ. That, my friends, is intense. 




8 What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ 9 and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ—the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith.


What is more? Everything is a loss because of the worth of knowing Christ. That's how big it is to know Christ. Everything is worth losing to know this person. And Paul did lose everything. He thought that the things he had lost were garbage compared to what he would gain: Christ. And he wouldn't just gain Jesus Christ, he would gain righteousness that comes from God through faith. Whoa. That do be super intense. 
I'm American. I don't like giving things up. But it's more than comfort. Comfort is almost a bad thing. Being pushed out of your comfort zone is a good thing. It might seem like you're losing a ton of things and you're not in your "good" place, but this could be leading to a better place. 
Who knows... (Just wait. It gets even better!)




10 I want to know Christ—yes, to know the power of his resurrection and participation in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, 11 and so, somehow, attaining to the resurrection from the dead.




Paul wanted to know Christ. He wanted to know the power of the resurrection. He wanted to participate in Jesus' suffering. He wanted to die to somehow get that resurrection. That miracle that Jesus offers. 
Whew.
Wow.
Yeah.
Lots to think about.




For now, sleep. Tomorrow is school (Lord willing and the snow don't rise!), class, lunch at Mariachi Loco's with my Spanish class and then Mom's class. Sooooo yup. Tomorrow's going to be back into the swing of things after two completely empty days! 
Time to rest up.
G'night!

No comments: