Thursday, August 5, 2010

NIPTO, Day 179

Hi.

Today was a good day.

I got up. I ate breakfast. I babysat for Avery and Ashton. They're sweet kids. Avery is 11 and is very independent. I like her. Ashton is talkative! He's... 8, I believe.
Very easy to babysit. I hope I can watch them again :) They're fun.

Came home... ate some food... read some blogs... facebooked... did yoga! vacuumed... took a shower... skyped with Katie... ate dinner... went down to Kayt's for a bit and watched the end of Glee with her, Paige, Meg, and Courtney... came home... watched Jeopardy... went to DAIRY QUEEN and got Blizzards... drove home... split Blizzards... and am now watching Maid in Manhattan. This movie is making me NERVOUS!
Too much going behind people's backs... lying.. ya know. Stuff that makes you nervous.
But it all turns out okay. :)
Good movie.
Now: NIPTO.

Acts 13:1-3
 1In the church at Antioch there were prophets and teachers: Barnabas, Simeon called Niger, Lucius of Cyrene, Manaen (who had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch) and Saul.


I feel like I feel like I'm being lazy. Doing 3 verses and all. But I'm going to squeeze as much out of these as I can. So: There are these guys at a church in Antioch. They're prophets and teachers. Not a whole lot there.




2While they were worshiping the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, "Set apart for me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them."


They're worshiping and fasting. And praying probably. But I guess prayer and worship are almost the same thing. Talking to God. So they're worshiping, fasting, and the Holy Spirit tells them to set apart Barnabas and Saul(Paul). God has work for them and he needs them by themselves (but together) so they can do what he has called them to do.




 3So after they had fasted and prayed, they placed their hands on them and sent them off.


This... is... crazy. They finished fasting and praying (see? praying!) and they placed their hands on them, blessed them essentially, and sent them off. Wow. Uh... we don't do that anymore. There are usually weeks and weeks of preparation that go into a "send off." Not here, baby! They just pray and send 'em off right away! 
What faith is involved in that... to just go... not even knowing where you're going, but going anyways. Going because God told you he has something planned. That's gotta be scary...
But they did it. They were faithful. And that's amazing.




That's a really great 3 verses. Lots of faith involved. I feel like we don't really see that faith... or maybe we do, but it's not as... drastic as it was then. 


Hm. I get to sleep in tomorrow! HURRAH!!!!!!!!!!
And I'm going to a wedding tomorrow. I love weddings! 
I'm sure I'll take way too many pictures, but it's all good. (And we got the news (via facebook) of another engagement tonight! So exciting. I love weddings! (drinks all around!) =P)


Annnnnnd now. Good night. Sleep tight. Don't let the bed bugs bite. Here's a wish. And a prayer. May all your dreams come true. And now may we meet again. Adios. Au revior. Auf Wiedersehen. Goodnight!

No comments: