Saturday, August 14, 2010

NIPTO, Day 188

Oh my! Today has been a busy day.
Ready for the daily rundown?
Woke up. Ate breakfast. Did yoga. Ate Oreo's. Took a shower. Sat around with the family for a bit? Went to the bank, Wal-Mart, and Target. Got Icee's at Target. Came home&divided Icees 5 ways. Ate lunch with Icee. Got stuff together and went to Wal-Mart again to return something that we had just gotten, went to the FedEx place, drove on the HIGHWAY for quite a ways. Went to the library... got reprimanded for not having my MOM's library card. HAH. Went to Giant Eagle to get some stuff. Came home. (I drove all those places! Got a lot of driving in :) PACKED. Ate dinner. Finished packing for the most part. Went on a walk. Did some random stuff? Watched an episode of Psych. Ate a s'more and some amazing Ritter Sport chocolate. (Peppermint and Cappuccino!) And I just backed Dad's car out of the garage. That's fun. haha.
And now I shall blog. And I'm not completely sure when I'll get to blog tomorrow. Probably in the evening. That's when I usually blog. :)

Acts 14:21-28
21They preached the good news in that city and won a large number of disciples. Then they returned to Lystra, Iconium and Antioch, 22strengthening the disciples and encouraging them to remain true to the faith. "We must go through many hardships to enter the kingdom of God," they said.


They (Paul&Barnabas) got a lot of people to follow God. That's the basic gist. Then they went back to these other cities to re-visit the disciples there so that they could encourage them. 
mm. I think the part after the "encouragement" bit is something that we, as Americans, don't really like. "We must go through many hardships to enter the kingdom of God." I think that's going on a piece of paper and being taped to my wall next to my bed :)




23Paul and Barnabas appointed elders for them in each church and, with prayer and fasting, committed them to the Lord, in whom they had put their trust. 24After going through Pisidia, they came into Pamphylia, 25and when they had preached the word in Perga, they went down to Attalia.


They appointed elders in every single church. Every church needs leaders. And these leaders were appointed with prayer and fasting. They committed them to God, whom they trust.  I think what I'm getting at was this was a big deal. The people appointed were very carefully picked. And they were committed to God.
Then the guys went through a few cities. The end. (PSYCH!)


 26From Attalia they sailed back to Antioch, where they had been committed to the grace of God for the work they had now completed. 27On arriving there, they gathered the church together and reported all that God had done through them and how he had opened the door of faith to the Gentiles. 28And they stayed there a long time with the disciples


They went through more cities... and they went to Antioch where they had been comitted to the God. That's where they started. They went back to where they started when they finished their work. I feel like there's something significant there. I could be way wrong, but that's my opinion. Going back to the beginning when you finish something. To remember what you did to get through whatever it was. There's something about that that I really like.
When they got there they told everyone what God had done through them... not what they had done in and of themselves. They told about how God had opened up the Gentile community to them. 
And they stayed in Antioch a long time. 
The end. (No psyching here :)


Alright. I must go upstairs and get ready for bed. And finish packing.
Y'all probably know where I'm going. But I'm going to keep it a secret until we get there and I can post a picture. A significant picture. Hopefully. :)

Adios readers!


P.S. Here's a picture of a square of Ritter Sport Pfefferminze chocolate! (Peppermint. German version!:)

You can even see the peppermint filling oooozing out the bottom! YUM

No comments: