Tuesday, August 10, 2010

NIPTO, Day 184

Hola readers!

Today has been a good day. Got up... started reading Emma (Jane Austen)... ate breakfast... got ready for the day... went to pick up Ehne Thau, Be Bin, Eh Dah Po, and Paw Lah... went to Aunt Lynne's... talked and hung out there... ate lunch there... hung around and talked more... dropped Hannah off at work... took the girls home... came home and watched Shrek 2 with Katie... talked to Paige for a little bit... read Emma a little more... ate dinner... went on a walk... and now I'm watching Sense and Sensibility with Katie, Mom, and Dad. And I think a scotcharoo is in order.
(Today has been a pretty Jane Austen filled day... Just a thought.)

Sense and Sensibility is so good. Edward is amazing. And Katie and I were saying that one of us should marry someone named Edward. We went through our names, and mine fits the best with Edward. Sooooo I guess I need to start lookin out for Edwards. hah.

Scotcharoo: Check. Sense&Sensibility finished: Check. (I love that movie. It's such a good movie... the acting is fantastic!)

Ni-ni-ni-NIPTO.
Acts 13:32-41

 32"We tell you the good news: What God promised our fathers 33he has fulfilled for us, their children, by raising up Jesus. As it is written in the second Psalm:
   " 'You are my Son;
      today I have become your Father.' 
34The fact that God raised him from the dead, never to decay, is stated in these words:
   " 'I will give you the holy and sure blessings promised to David.' 
35So it is stated elsewhere:
   " 'You will not let your Holy One see decay.'


What God promises us, he fulfills for us. God promised that Jesus would be raised from the dead, and it happened.
God promises this through prophets in several different places. I could find out what they are, but again, I'm too lazy. But it's awesome. God fulfills promises!


 36"For when David had served God's purpose in his own generation, he fell asleep; he was buried with his fathers and his body decayed. 37But the one whom God raised from the dead did not see decay.


People might have thought that David was going to be the one who was going to "never decay," but he died and was buried and... decomposed.  But Jesus was raised from the dead and did not see decay. Pretty impressive.




 38"Therefore, my brothers, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you.39Through him everyone who believes is justified from everything you could not be justified from by the law of Moses.40Take care that what the prophets have said does not happen to you:
 
41" 'Look, you scoffers,
      wonder and perish,
   for I am going to do something in your days
      that you would never believe,
      even if someone told you.'"



The forgiveness of our sins is proclaimed through Jesus. And through him, everyone who believes is justified from everything we couldn't be justified by by the law alone.
Because we have that gift, we need to be careful that we don't become apathetic... scoffers... wonder-ers. Because God is going to do something that we would never believe even if someone told you. Pretty crazy.


I feel like I should be covering more.... True, I have been on Acts 13 for... days. But I'm finishing it tomorrow. And then I'm going to try to buzz through the rest of Acts. I'm not even sure what exactly I'm supposed to be reading... just that when I finish Acts, I'm going onto Joshua. 


And now, I'm going to go to sleep. I'm going to MOW in the morning and then go to Ang's house to babysit/help out so Mom&Ang&Alycia can talk. We'll have at least 4 boys... maybe 2 little girls, if they're awake! :)


Gooooood night, readers!

No comments: