Sunday, August 1, 2010

NIPTO, Day 175

4-ish
It's hot out today.

I feel very lazy today.

Here's what I've done today (so far):
Got up. Got ready for church. DROVE to church with Dad. (More on that in a bit.) Went to the 1st service. Helped Mom set up for Rosie's bridal shower. Sat around for a while. Ate lunch. Watched Rosie open presents. Ate cake. (It was delicious! And very cute. If I get up between now and when I publish this post, you might actually get a picture of the cake. But that is yet to be determined.)
Came home... got stuff out of the car... went to the neighbor's garage sale. Now this. I feel like taking a nap... I'm just so tired...


9ish
Okay, so I did lay down for a little bit. Then I decided to take a shower. Then it was time for Encounter.
It was a good time. We chilled and ate and LAUGHED. It feels so good to laugh. Alexa cracks me up the most probably. She's just so stinkin' funny! I should just video tape her for a while. She's bound to say something funny. She's especially funny when she tells stories. Because she doesn't tell boring stories. So that's good.

We went inside and watched a video. It was... almost difficult to hear. It was kind of like "Who do you say Jesus is?" It makes you think. Who do I think Jesus is?
This was also included in the video. Joe Gibbs was(is?) the coach of the Washington Redskins. It was interesting to hear what he said. It's worth the 3(?) minutes to watch it.



OKAY! Driving today. I drove on the expressway for a longggg time. (All of like, 15 minutes)
It was good, although I feel like I needed to have my seat up a little further because my muscles in my right leg hurt when I got out of the car. And I felt like Shawn Spencer. Dad was Henry (his dad). He kept asking me what cars were around me and stuff. I told him. Then he asked me one time how many hats had passed us. "I have NO clue."
It was good. I know I'll make that trip about 50 million times in my life, so I should get used to it now. :)

Annnd now I have to figure out what I'm reading for NIPTO this week.


10:30ish
Acts 11:1-18
1The apostles and the brothers throughout Judea heard that the Gentiles also had received the word of God. 2So when Peter went up to Jerusalem, the circumcised believers criticized him 3and said, "You went into the house of uncircumcised men and ate with them."


Literally, my first response to this was "oh my goshhhh. really? That's la-may"
People were criticizing him for going into the houses of the uncircumcised people. That's just ri-di-cu-lous (Pronounced like the disarming charm in Harry Potter. :D )
But yes. This is pretty ridiculous, although it was pretty scandalous. 


 4Peter began and explained everything to them precisely as it had happened: 5"I was in the city of Joppa praying, and in a trance I saw a vision. I saw something like a large sheet being let down from heaven by its four corners, and it came down to where I was. 6I looked into it and saw four-footed animals of the earth, wild beasts, reptiles, and birds of the air. 7Then I heard a voice telling me, 'Get up, Peter. Kill and eat.'
 8"I replied, 'Surely not, Lord! Nothing impure or unclean has ever entered my mouth.'
 9"The voice spoke from heaven a second time, 'Do not call anything impure that God has made clean.' 10This happened three times, and then it was all pulled up to heaven again.

So he starts explaining. That he was in Joppa, praying, when he had a vision, and that God told him to go kill&eat what was "unclean." Then God told him to not call anything that he made unclean. (Aka uncircumcised people? Yeah.)


 11"Right then three men who had been sent to me from Caesarea stopped at the house where I was staying. 12The Spirit told me to have no hesitation about going with them. These six brothers also went with me, and we entered the man's house. 13He told us how he had seen an angel appear in his house and say, 'Send to Joppa for Simon who is called Peter. 14He will bring you a message through which you and all your household will be saved.'

So then these guys from Caesarea show up at the house he was staying at and the HS (Holy Spirit, not High School) told him to go with the men. The men gave him a message from Cornelius, that he had had a vision that told him to send for Peter in Joppa. The angel told him that Peter would bring a message that would save his entire household. 
We all have that same message. We can save households! 


 15"As I began to speak, the Holy Spirit came on them as he had come on us at the beginning.16Then I remembered what the Lord had said: 'John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.' 17So if God gave them the same gift as he gave us, who believed in the Lord Jesus Christ, who was I to think that I could oppose God?"
 18When they heard this, they had no further objections and praised God, saying, "So then, God has granted even the Gentiles repentance unto life.

So then Peter started to talk annnnnd the HS came down an all of them. And Peter remembered what Jesus had said "John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit." So God gave them the same gift of the Holy Spirit that he had given the Jews. The same gift for both the Jews and the Gentiles. Once they heard that story, they had no further objections. 




Good story :)
Now for a VEGGIE TALES music video for you, and sleep for me. Deal? Deal.



Driving School: Day 4 begins tomorrow at EIGHT am. Toooo early. Actually, not too early. But still, early.

Good night, dear readers. (I feel like my mother. OH well! hah)

No comments: