Monday, August 16, 2010

NIPTO, Day 190

Alrighty. So today consisted of... getting up and showering. Eating breakfast. Helping Meme with computer/camera stuff... and then leaving. And we headed East. We went home... kind of. We stopped at the FedEx store in our area to get Dad's DROID. (I started the other post on that and then couldn't actually type in the place where you're supposed to type. Just the title. I'll have to figure that out sometime.) And then we kept heading East. We went through Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and ended up in... a place that I still don't have a good picture of. But that was a decent hint.

All right, all right. We're in New York City! =D I'm super excited to be here and am SOOOO excited to get out and see the city during the day... We got here around.... 9. Went to get milk at a grocery store a few blocks away. And then came "home" to our apartment and got ready for bed.

I guess I'll just finish NIPTO then sleep. I'm not exactly sure what we're doing tomorrow... I wasn't paying attention. HAH. Way to go me! But I think we might be going to Little Italy&China Town? Maybe that's Wednesday. I'm not sure.
Oh well! I'll let ya know after the fact... or something...

AH! I feel like I'm bouncing up and down.... like I'm in a car or something. Or on a bed that I'm bouncing with my typing? Not sure. =P

NIPTO!
Acts 15:12-21

12The whole assembly became silent as they listened to Barnabas and Paul telling about the miraculous signs and wonders God had done among the Gentiles through them.
Paul&Barnabas are talking to a group of people that were probably labeled "important people in the church." And they took the words out of their mouths. They just told them about the crazy awesome things that God had done. 
Even though we might not feel like God's done "crazy awesome" things in our lives, he probably has. And telling people about what he's done is the most important thing we can do in our lives!


13When they finished, James spoke up: "Brothers, listen to me. 14Simon has described to us how God at first showed his concern by taking from the Gentiles a people for himself. 15The words of the prophets are in agreement with this, as it is written:
 
16" 'After this I will return
      and rebuild David's fallen tent.
   Its ruins I will rebuild,
      and I will restore it,
 
17that the remnant of men may seek the Lord,
      and all the Gentiles who bear my name,
   says the Lord, who does these things'
    
18that have been known for ages.
So Paul&Barnabas stop talking, and James, who was at the church in Jerusalem where they were talking, started to talk a little bit. He uses Old Testament scripture to validate what Simon [Peter] had just said. That the Gentiles would indeed come to know God and have personal relationships with him.


 19"It is my judgment, therefore, that we should not make it difficult for the Gentiles who are turning to God. 20Instead we should write to them, telling them to abstain from food polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from the meat of strangled animals and from blood. 21For Moses has been preached in every city from the earliest times and is read in the synagogues on every Sabbath."
I think that a lot of the people were almost trying to sabotage the Gentiles. But James is like, "guys. You've got the wrong idea! We shouldn't make it hard for them. We should send them letters with instruction and encouragement! They don't know everything that we know because what Moses wrote has been preached in every city and has been read in the synagogues on the Sabbath, but they weren't there. (or aren't allowed there? I don't know.)"


Yup. Thus concludes NIPTO for today. Tomorrow is another day. And I will take a ton of pictures. Annnnd I'll post some on here!
Hope you had a greaaat Monday! =D

No comments: