Thursday, August 19, 2010

NIPTO, Day 193

Hola readers! I am sooo so so tired. But I'll post about my day when I'm done with this. SO. 


NIPTO
Acts 16:1-10
1He came to Derbe and then to Lystra, where a disciple named Timothy lived, whose mother was a Jewess and a believer, but whose father was a Greek. 2The brothers at Lystra and Iconium spoke well of him. 3Paul wanted to take him along on the journey, so he circumcised him because of the Jews who lived in that area, for they all knew that his father was a Greek. 4As they traveled from town to town, they delivered the decisions reached by the apostles and elders in Jerusalem for the people to obey. 5So the churches were strengthened in the faith and grew daily in numbers.


Wow. I feel really lazy doing this whole chunk together... but I'm exhausted and can pretty much only think in big pictures right now!
He is Paul. I think. I am feeling so lazy right now because I'm not going to go check. Hah. You can check and comment&tell me I'm wrong. :)
Timothy joined up with Paul and they traveled around and told the churches in the different cities what the apostles in the church at Jerusalem had said. And the churches were strengthened and grew as a result of the message that Paul&Timothy brought with them.
6Paul and his companions traveled throughout the region of Phrygia and Galatia, having been kept by the Holy Spirit from preaching the word in the province of Asia. 7When they came to the border of Mysia, they tried to enter Bithynia, but the Spirit of Jesus would not allow them to. 8So they passed by Mysia and went down to Troas.
Paul&everyone who was with them kept traveling (the Holy Spirit was with them!) and kept telling the story of Jesus. They came to the border of a... province? city? and were not allowed in because of the "Spirit of Jesus" or the Holy Spirit. So they moved on to Troas.


9During the night Paul had a vision of a man of Macedonia standing and begging him, "Come over to Macedonia and help us." 10After Paul had seen the vision, we got ready at once to leave for Macedonia, concluding that God had called us to preach the gospel to them.

Paul had a dream/vision one night of a man from Macedonia pleading for him to come and help the people there. So in the morning they go up and headed out for Macedonia. They decided that God wanted them to go to Macedonia to tell them about Jesus! So they went.


Now, I guess I'm going to blog about today... but I'm so so so tired. So it might be really short!
G'Night!

No comments: