Sunday, August 8, 2010

NIPTO, Day 182

KATIE'S HOME!
We're sitting around talking. It's awesome. I've laughed a lot tonight. I love it. I'm looking forward to the next 20 days. =D

Let's see... we did music at church... had a meeting after church for IMPACT (Our youth group I'M A Passionate Christian Teen. It almost works. So there.)
Annnnnd I talked to Paige and Kaytee. It was... crazy. *sigh* If you could pray for both of them, that'd be fantastic. So much drama in so little time.
Dad and I ran some errands... I cleaned up my room... and then we went to the airport and picked Katie up!
We came home and ate dinner, went for a walk, and now we're just talking! It's great :)

And now, because it's late, I'll do NIPTO.

Acts 13:20b-25

 "After this, God gave them judges until the time of Samuel the prophet. 21Then the people asked for a king, and he gave them Saul son of Kish, of the tribe of Benjamin, who ruled forty years.
After the 450 years of wandering and being prosperous and then being enslaved and then prosperous again, they had judges. And then the people wanted a king. So God gave them a king: Saul. He ruled for 40 years. (We're actually going over 1 Samuel in church, and talking about Saul.)


 22After removing Saul, he made David their king. He testified concerning him: 'I have found David son of Jesse a man after my own heart; he will do everything I want him to do.'
After Saul came David. God called David "a man after my own heart." What a statement! I want to be a woman after God's own heart. :)


 23"From this man's descendants God has brought to Israel the Savior Jesus, as he promised. 24Before the coming of Jesus, John preached repentance and baptism to all the people of Israel. 25As John was completing his work, he said: 'Who do you think I am? I am not that one. No, but he is coming after me, whose sandals I am not worthy to untie.'

From David came Jesus. Sooo David's really important. And then before Jesus came John. And John told the people about repentance and baptism. When John was coming to the end of his work, before Jesus came, he told the people about the person who was coming "whose sandals [he was] not worthy to untie." That's pretty intense. I had written something in my notebook this morning about this, but I don't remember. And my notebook is upstairs. And I'm tired. So I'm just going to end this here and go to bed.


Goodnight people!

No comments: