Wednesday, March 3, 2010

NIPTO, Day 24

I don't feel ready to post today... but I'm just going to read and see what God tells me.

John 11:35- Jesus wept. This is supposedly the shortest verse in the bible. There is some controversy in my family that Ezra 2:29 is shorter (of Nebo 52) because it has only 8 letters whereas "Jesus wept" has 9. But that's beside the point. *rolls eyes*
Jesus was weeping because Lazerus who was, I would hazard to say, one of Jesus' good friends had died. Even though Jesus knew that he could raise him from the dead, he still wept. Jesus cared for people probably more than you and I can fathom, and therefore, he wept.

Proverbs 3:5-6- Trust in the LORD and lean not on your own understanding; 6in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Good verse. Good reminder to trust God not ourselves.

Revelation 3:8-I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name. There are usually open doors in front of us, we just can't see them. I'm going to start looking for open doors, or even closed ones. :)

Psalm 119:57-You are my portion, O LORD; I have promised to obey your words. God is my portion. I don't need anything else. Awesome.
In the bible, whenever you see Lord in all CAPS, it means YHVH (or YHWH) which means Yahweh. In a Rob Bell video that our youth group watched about breathing, he brought up that in Hebrew, to spell Yahweh you say "yod heh vah heh" (I think. It's been a while) which are kind of sounds of breathing. He brought up the question "when we breathe, are we really saying the name of God?" Interesting.


Now it's time to do SCHOOL. Which is the English word for... torture? haha.
Hope you have a great day!

No comments: