Friday, March 19, 2010

NIPTO, Day 40

Wow. It's day 40. That's how long lent is. That's almost a month and a half. That's a long time. Today is also March 19th. I've held this date in my mind for a kind of long time. Today is the Generation Akron prayer meeting. I am SUPER excited. I know that God is going to do some spectacular things tonight, and I hope that one of the things he does is through me. I am going to perform a dance that I choreographed with the help of my sister. I'm SUPER excited to perform it, and I hope that it changes some lives tonight. Someone is going to videotape it for me... and I'll post it on here when I finally get around to it =P I'm guessing that tomorrow morning you'll get a nice long post about tonight... but I could be wrong. It could be fairly short... or it might take me a couple days to process it... so we'll see :)

I want to make this fairly short since I slept in today (on purpose.) But who knows. I'll use God's timing. But I have a lot to get done today before 7pm! Really 6:30 'cause I think that's when we're leaving. I'm so excited. (and I just can't hide it... right. hahah)

Acts 9:5-"Who are you, Lord?" Saul asked. "I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting," he replied. Okay. Saul was this big time Jesus hater. He killed Christians. He was on his way to Damascus to put more Christians in prison. BUT on the way to Damascus, Saul saw a bright light. It was Jesus. And this bright light that was Jesus changed Saul's life. Saul went from being a crazy Christian killer to  being Paul who wrote letters to the churches of the New Testament... Soooo crazy. After Saul became a Christian, the other brothers of the church were afraid of him because they had heard what he had come to do. Let me tell you, I would be scared if someone who had previously persecuted Christians all of a sudden converted and was this nice Christian guy... I would be freaked out. And most of them were.  But thankfully, not all of them were :)


Proverbs 19:20-Listen to advice and accept instruction, and in the end you will be wise. Oh man. It's hard sometimes to accept correction. But I guess that's not the same as instruction.  But it's still hard to accept instruction when you're 16 and you know everything. ;) It's something I'm workin' on.

Revelation 19:1- After this I heard what sounded like the roar of a great multitude in heaven shouting: "Hallelujah! Salvation and glory and power belong to our God."
I'm not quite sure what to say about this other than the fact that it's fantastic... because, I mean, salvation, glory, AND power belong to our God? Sweet.


Hebrews 11:13-All these people were still living by faith when they died. They did not receive the things promised; they only saw them and welcomed them from a distance. And they admitted that they were aliens and strangers on earth. I think that all too often we think of earth as our permanent home. It's not. It's our temporary home. We are only guests here for a short time. Our permanent home is Heaven. And those people who lived by faith were looking forward to heaven, not their life on earth.

Hope you have a fantabulous day! I'm pretty sure I'm going to :)
Press on,

No comments: