Friday, March 12, 2010

NIPTO, Day 33


Bounding
in
the sunshine

These two pictures were taken on Monday. It was another gorgeous day today. I realized today that I hadn't gone outside since TUESDAY. Being sick does funny things to a person. I went outside to get the mail today. I didn't put on shoes. It was glorious. I can't wait until it's sunny and warm all the time. I LOVE summer time. It's probably my favorite time of the year. No school... It's warm... I love it. Only a two more months really until this all happens for good. =P

Now. It's night (LATE at night I might add.) I'm sitting in my room. (In my room that happens to be on the side of the house so I can hear the wind. I don't like the wind. Especially since there are trees behind our house. That could fall on me. While I'm asleep... or doing NIPTO. Heh. I think I'll be okay. But still, it's scary to hear the wind, okay?) On my bed. Under my covers. Teeth brushed. Ready to do NIPTO. Then ready to fall asleep. :) (I still have my glasses on. So that's a good sign that I'll actually stay up to finish =P I don't think I've ever fallen asleep with glasses on, but I have fallen asleep with contacts in... ew. haha. Not pleasant when you wake up.)


Acts 5:1-10-This passage is about a man and his wife. The man's name is Ananias. He lied about the amount of money that he got for a field. God smote him. (He actually just died. But it's more fun to say that God smote him hah).  A couple hours later, Ananias' wife comes home. Not knowing that Ananias has been smote, she's asked how much Ananias got for this field. She lied too. Peter told her that her husband had died. She was smote too. So I guess the moral of this story is, don't lie to God. He'll find out. Actually, he knows before you even lie. So you should really think twice about it... or God might smite you. Just kidding... maybe. (Really. I'm just kidding. But don't lie to God. It's not a fun thing to do. There's a lot of pain involved when you figure out that you're lying to God... and usually yourself. Maybe some tears... Not a pretty picture.)

Proverbs 12:1-Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid. I do love knowledge, but I don't always love discipline. It's hard to accept discipline. It's hard to accept correction. Nobody likes being told "You're wrong" all the time. There's no way anyone likes that. But to be able to accept it without complaining shows true knowledge. It shows that you know that "Hey, this might help me grow in *such and such an area*" I know I'm going to try my best to not be stupid! heh. 

Revelation 12:7-And there was a war in Heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back. War. I'm reading a book called Fallen Angels for school. And right up until now, I didn't realize the irony of what I'm about to say. Fallen Angels is about the war in Vietnam. The war in heaven that's happening in this verse, ended with angels falling to earth. Weird. 

Hebrews 11:25-He [Moses] chose to be mistreated along with the people of God rather than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a short time.  Courage man. Moses was basically royalty in Egypt. But he chose to become lowly and mistreated to obey God's commands. Crazy. There is so much we can learn from the people of the Bible. It's insane. 


I'm hungry. Which means it's either time to eat my 4th meal or to go to sleep... I'm choosing sleep right now. Goodnight!

No comments: