Monday, March 8, 2010

NIPTO, Day 29

I have just discovered that I am a very list/schedule/structure oriented person. I kind of freaked out when Katie told me this afternoon that Brandon hadn't given them papers with readings on them or anything. I didn't know what to think. I apparently like to have structure or something like that! Then Brandon posted them on the blog and I calmed down. I didn't really freak out too badly... visibly. I guess I learned something new about myself and so did you.

Also, my bible is back in one piece! Thanks to my father and his exceptional gluing skills! It "works great" now and I don't have to worry about it falling apart/pages falling out! (It had recently split into 3 pieces: cover, and two halves of bible. It split right at the beginning of Psalms which I thought was lucky(???) haha. I'm still going to get a new one for my birthday probably, but it's nice to not have to worry about my bible falling apart in the meantime!

Today it was sunny. I love the sun. It makes me happy. It's kind of amazing how much the weather can affect your mood. We went on a walk today. It was gorgeous. As one of my friends said on facebook, "If I lived anywhere other than Ohio, I'd say that winter was over..." but alas... it will probably snow again, but it will be spring soon enough! "On and off the clouds have fought for control over the skies. Lately the weather has been so bipolar and consequently so have I. And now I'm sunny with a high of 75, since you took my heavy heart and made it light. And it's funny how you find you enjoy your life when you're happy to be alive." ~Relient K
Have I told you how much I like spring? It's probably my favorite season. Here's a list of why I like spring:
1.) It starts to get warm and the flowers start to come out!
2.) My birthday is in the spring ;)
3.) Easter is also in spring. Easter is amazing. I ♥ Easter.
4.) You start to see people emerge from the caves of their houses.
5.) The end of school is in sight!
That's all I can think of right now, but I'll probably make more lists like this in the future. I like lists.

Acts 1:14- They all joined together constantly in prayer, along with the women and Mary the mother of Jesus and his brothers. They joined together constantly in prayer. Constantly. Ah-mazing. I wish I could say truthfully that I'm constantly in prayer. I'm not.

Proverbs 8:11-for wisdom is more precious than rubies, and nothing you desire can compare with her. There's nothing better in the world than wisdom. There's nothing that we desire that is better than wisdom. Wisdom is going on my prayer list.

Revelation 8:1-When he opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven for about half an hour. This is just a kind of strange verse. It's kind of like the calm before the storm. This was the quiet before the trumpets sounded and started the destruction on earth. Interesting. Just interesting.

Hebrews 11:1- Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. I think I found a new favorite chapter in the Bible. This is a great great great chapter about faith. Go read it. It's worth 5 minutes of your time. It doesn't take long to read and it has some thought provoking things to say. I'll be posting more verses from this chapter as the week goes on :)


I hope you've been enjoying the sun! I know I have :)

No comments: