Thursday, March 4, 2010

NIPTO, Day 25

Whew. Day 25. I'm actually doing this. Crazy. It kind of feels like it's been years since I last posted, since the last time I did post was yesterday morning. Oh my. Today has been a busy day.

If you remember my post from last Thursday, then you will know that I went to do some assistant work for a photographer friend. We were supposed to go again last Friday, but it snowed. Welcome to Ohio. They rescheduled the shoot for today, so I got to go and help wrangle/shoot some bunnies/kids. It went well, but it was CRAZY. We had toddlers. Toddlers have allll of the power. And they know it. If they make up their mind to not smile, they won't. And there's not really anything you can do about it. You can try and try and try and try to get them to smile, but they won't. So you just have to deal with it. =)

John 14:24- He who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me. The second part of this verse strikes me because it brings evangelism to mind. When we are trying to share the gospel with someone, we often try to do it in our own power, but the words that we share are not our own. They belong to God. He's the one who puts the words in our mouths so that we can share his love with other people. I try to do so so so many things in my own strength that just aren't possible with out God's help. Like getting through every day sane. haha. Oh dear shmee (to quote James.)

Proverbs 4:18, 23-18The path of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, shining ever brighter till the full light of day. I love sunrise. It's so cool. One of the things I regret not doing is getting up to see a sunrise this summer when we were at Virginia Beach. One of the problems was that we didn't stay IN in VA Beach... and no one wanted to drive me to the beach at 5 am... =P... but any ways.
Sunrise is such a breathtaking time of day. It's a new beginning. It sheds new light on that new beginning of that new day. I love it. I really want to watch sunrises this summer! I want to get up... once a week? and go watch the sun rise. I like that idea.
23Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life. I'm not sure what I want to say about this. But I know that I like it. That's about it. haha.


Bwahhh. I'm distracted. It's awesome. NOT. Crazy teenagers hanging out in Panera making too much noise... I don't want to hear everything you say! REALLY! *sigh*


Revelation 4:2-At once I was in the Spirit, and there before me was a throne in heaven with someone sitting on it. How COOL would that be. To suddenly be IN the SPIRIT. Woah. Crazy. John was one lucky dude. That's all I have to say on that matter haha.

Psalm 119:73, 96- 73Your hands made me and formed me; give me understanding to learn your commands. This is super great. God's hands made you and me. Annnd that's sweet. And understanding is cool too. Especially when God's giving it and it's to learn his commands. Sweet.
93To all perfection I see a limit; but your commands are boundless. It's true. In all earthly "perfection" there's a limit. Nothing can be truly perfect. But God's commands are boundless. .
Boundless–adjective
having no bounds; infinite or vast; unlimited
How cool is that. His commands and really his wants/wishes for us are unending. There is nothing that God can't do through us which is almost impossible to comprehend. Love love love it.

Okay. It's time for me to leave, go home, and go to bed! Lots to do tomorrow including going to the Chipotle service! Should be sweet. Always is. =D
Hope you have a great FRIDAY! (Woah. Tomorrow's Friday. YIPEEEEE)
Night all!

No comments: