Saturday, March 20, 2010

NIPTO, Day 41

Last night was awesome. But I'm going to write another post on that when I'm done with this... maybe... if I have the time.

Acts 10:15-The voice spoke to him a second time, "Do not call anything impure that God has made clean." I think that we as fairly average, middle-class Americans look down on God's children who are not average, middle-class citizens. But we shouldn't. God made them in his image too. We're the same no matter what our financial situations. We might look at the homeless and think that they're dirty and unclean, but God has washed them and made them pure in his sight. here is a great post that was posted today... it's the guy I told you about a couple days ago. The one who was living on the streets of New York as a homeless man? Yeah. Him. This is a great new perspective on homelessness.


Proverbs 20:27-The lamp of the LORD searches the spirit of a man; it searches out his inmost being. Dude. That's scary. To have God know everything that's in my heart? Crazy intense. I mean... even if I want to hide something from him, he still knows it... Crazyyy.

Revelation 20:12-And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books.
This almost makes things confusing. Because it says that they "were judged according to what they had done." But what you do doesn't really matter. If you've accepted that Jesus died for your sins, then you will have eternal life.


Hebrews 11:19-Abraham reasoned that God could raise the dead, and figuratively speaking, he did receive Isaac back from death. Abraham was an incredible man of faith. He was willing to kill his own son if God told him to. And God did tell him to. But God, at the last minute, stopped Abraham from killing his son because he had seen his faith. But Abraham believed that God could raise Isaac back from the dead even if he did kill him. That, my dear friends, is faith at its finest.

I'm going to try to cram some nipto homework in now... it's due tomorrow and I realized that I'm not going to have time to do it unless I do it right now. So unfortunately the Generation Akron post is going to have to wait. But it's going to be a good one, so keep an eye out for it. I'll try to get it done tomorrow afternoon, but I have no clue if I'm going to have any time tomorrow... Church, birthday party, Nipto?, youth group, home early... crazy day. But it should be fantastic. So just keep an eye out for it, would ya?



P.S. Today is the first day of Spring! Happy Spring everyone!

No comments: